+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Renwal application abandoned

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow, how can I explain "give you a hard time" in detail? I assume they will speak to you harshly and ask you if you meet the residency requirements and why you have let your PR card expire for so long. Then you tell them that you meant to renew your PR card but something went wrong with your first application and you haven't gotten around to renewing it but you do meet the residency requirements. Then they might say you should always have a valid PR card when travelling bla bla. and in the end, they still let you enter.

belovedbeloved

Sep 13, 2012
Hereunder message i got ..Any one can explain please

Your application was closed on ..........2012. Your application is considered abandoned because you have not provided us with the information requested.

We returned your application to the Case Processing Centre on same above 2012. The Case Processing Centre will continue to process your application within the normal service standards.

I am confusing !! My application closed and I have to apply again ? Or still in process
Thanks

janay

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
hi.
You have 730 days in your account so you are safe. fill up the new forms for PR card renewal and where ever history is required give for the latest 5 years.

you can read my entire history on the forum. I applied for the withdrawal thrice and my withdrawal was accepted even after submitting my residency questionnaires.

Now you need to go in urgency because of your father so you fill up your application forms and apply on urgent basis (on the envelope you have to write "Urgent". Attach your ticket and any papers showing your father's illness. Send your application by courier service for quick delivery. If you do not get your card well on time then you can take the risk of going.

however as far as your previous application is concerned which is abandoned you can write to CPC "I want to withdraw that application which was considered abandoned on so and so date..... . I am sending my fresh application for urgent renewal".

clubcanada

Sep 7, 2010
I have applied to renew my PR on August 2010 , they sent questionair to fillful it and send back , unfortunately I didn't receive it and consequently didn't reply them
Status of my application now changed from ( in process ) to ( complete and application abandoned ) because no requested information received
the poster states to have applied for a new PR (card) two years ago. normally people would follow up after a couple of weeks when they don't hear back from CIC. so what am I missing here???

lexus2012

Oct 18, 2012
dear how are you

it is an easy to write a letter for them

and you can write that you are trying to move from your house to friend house and you missed to inform the post office to transfare the new letter to your friend post

dear
do you have copy of this questionair scanned ( please send it to me by e-mail to my address ( ananimer2004@gmail.com )

best wishes