+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR RENEWAL

kshlv

Star Member
Feb 6, 2018
Okay. So, I will be getting my renewed card next month. How do my 5 years rolling period will work? I have stayed in Canada for 3 years now so I'm good and maintained my status. But since I am getting a new one, will it reset the days that I will be staying for the next 5 years?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Okay. So, I will be getting my renewed card next month. How do my 5 years rolling period will work? I have stayed in Canada for 3 years now so I'm good and maintained my status. But since I am getting a new one, will it reset the days that I will be staying for the next 5 years?
No. It's a rolling 1825 day period, completely unrelated to the dates on the PR card.

kshlv

Star Member
Feb 6, 2018
On any day you must have been in Canada for 730 days in the past 5 years.

I am planning to finish my 4 year course in the Philippines, I will be graduating on 2022. I have tried counting the days of my stay in Canada every summer until I get back in Canada but it only gave me 413 days which is only half of the required 730 days to maintain my status. Is there any other way to help me not to lose my status until I finish my course? :( Please let me know. If I could submit something or documents, or if I could get any document that will help me in my situation, that would be a big help because I saw in CIC website that there's a humanitarian and compassionate grounds if I cannot meet the residency requirement that may still be possible to keep my status. Do you think that will help?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am planning to finish my 4 year course in the Philippines, I will be graduating on 2022. I have tried counting the days of my stay in Canada every summer until I get back in Canada but it only gave me 413 days which is only half of the required 730 days to maintain my status. Is there any other way to help me not to lose my status until I finish my course? :( Please let me know. If I could submit something or documents, or if I could get any document that will help me in my situation, that would be a big help because I saw in CIC website that there's a humanitarian and compassionate grounds if I cannot meet the residency requirement that may still be possible to keep my status. Do you think that will help?
Choosing to do your schooling abroad is a personal choice and will not qualify for H&C. If you want to live and work in Canada it would have made more sense to study in Canada since Canadian employers have a preference for employees who have studied in Canada or a very well known international school.

kshlv

Star Member
Feb 6, 2018
S
Choosing to do your schooling abroad is a personal choice and will not qualify for H&C. If you want to live and work in Canada it would have made more sense to study in Canada since Canadian employers have a preference for employees who have studied in Canada or a very well known international school.
That means the only way for me to stay out of canada as long as I want is to be a citizen?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
S

That means the only way for me to stay out of canada as long as I want is to be a citizen?
Absolutely correct. Only a Canadian citizen has that flexibility of movement.

kshlv

Star Member
Feb 6, 2018
I have another question, I will leave Canada on July and planning to submit my citizenship application on September, meaning to say I won't be here in Canada on my target month of submission, is it possible if my mom just mail all my documents to them while I am away?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have another question, I will leave Canada on July and planning to submit my citizenship application on September, meaning to say I won't be here in Canada on my target month of submission, is it possible if my mom just mail all my documents to them while I am away?
This doesn't make sense. Why wouldn't you just apply for citizenship in July before you leave?

kshlv

Star Member
Feb 6, 2018
I am already planning to submit it this July, but my mom wants to make sure that all the documents are okay. So if only she plans to submit it in the month where I am no longer here in canada, would that be still okay??