+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR - Renewal

Ninio

Oct 31, 2018
Dear Ninio; any news about your case? Did you received your card? I 'm at the same situation like yours….please advise, thanks
Dear Shabou

I received the letter of acceptance on January 24, i am still waiting.
It is written that if i do not receive my card 60 days after the date of the letter, then i should send an e-mail.

I have been told by a friend that it will be DURING the 60 days.
I am not sure how accurate this thing is.

What are your dates ?
Keep me updated as well.

Good luck to you and to all who are waiting for any news

Ninio

Oct 31, 2018
Hello friends
I hope you are all fine

Does anyone have an idea, if PR cards are received during the 60 days after receiving the letter of acceptance or after?

Ninio

Oct 31, 2018
Good day.

I received an e-mail on 15 February asking me to go to pick up my PR and to bring with me all the original copies i submitted with my renewal application.

Yesterday, i went there, it was a very simple and easy day. I was all alone, i picked up my PR .
I received the letter of acceptance on 24 January, the PR card was printed on 1 February.
I received an e-mail on 15 February, i went yesterday because i thought i would be receiving a written letter.

If anyone received this e-mail, this means you have to print it out and take the old PR card with the imm 1000 "confirmation of residence", and another piece of identity.

Good luck to all of you guys and thanks to all who helped (zardos...) and to whom kept my moral high (dpenabill).

I will always stay in touch in this forum and hopefully i will apply for the citizenship next year

shabou

Feb 8, 2019
Good day.

I received an e-mail on 15 February asking me to go to pick up my PR and to bring with me all the original copies i submitted with my renewal application.

Yesterday, i went there, it was a very simple and easy day. I was all alone, i picked up my PR .
I received the letter of acceptance on 24 January, the PR card was printed on 1 February.
I received an e-mail on 15 February, i went yesterday because i thought i would be receiving a written letter.

If anyone received this e-mail, this means you have to print it out and take the old PR card with the imm 1000 "confirmation of residence", and another piece of identity.

Good luck to all of you guys and thanks to all who helped (zardos...) and to whom kept my moral high (dpenabill).

I will always stay in touch in this forum and hopefully i will apply for the citizenship next year
Congratulation!!! Did they ask you any question? Or they just look the original...and they handle you your card ??? Please advise....Thanks

Ninio

Oct 31, 2018
Congratulation!!! Did they ask you any question? Or they just look the original...and they handle you your card ??? Please advise....Thanks
Hi Shabou

What is your situation? here is my situation in detail.

Thank you.No questions were asked at all, the agent just wanted to see the imm 1000 and took the expired PR.

She knew from my passports that I travel a lot , she gave me a travel journal in order to fill in any travel i make overseas, this will help me when applying for the citizenship.

Summary: I applied for the PR renewal on 30 April 2018, I received an email on 16 August in order to present the entry/exit record from my country + a colored photocopy of all the passports I used after becoming a permanent resident (11June 2013).

I sent the papers on 1 October, then on 24 October I checked on the cic website that they started processing my application, it went to a second review and was sent to a local police office in Montreal. On 24 January 2019 I received a written letter that I am in compliance with the requirements to be issued a PR card, on 15 February 2019 I received the email to pick up my PR in person and VOILA. I waited until yesterday to pick my PR card because I thought that I will be receiving a written letter to take it with me. (print the email and take it with you)

On the renewed PR it shows that it was done on 1 February 2019.

All the best to all of you and thanks again to all who helped and gave their time to write detailed and professional answers, especially to people who play low profile and say about themselves that they are not experts, but in fact they are.

tikna2013

Jan 10, 2018
Greetings everyone,
I have a question along the lines of PR card validity,here’s my situation :

My PR card is set to expire in the November of 2024 and i made a soft landing to Canada in October 2019(stayed for 10 days to get my pr card application under process),I am planning to travel to Canada by September 2022 and do not plan to travel outside the country after that.In this case I will have completed the Residency Obligation mandated by the Canadian authorities (730 days in the last 5 years) while i am in Canada.Also to point out that i stayed in Canada for 10 days when i made the soft landing for initiating the PR card formalities so i am assuming they too will be counted towards the Residency Obligation required in Canada(that would make it 740 days).
My questions :
1.) Can i apply for a pr card renewal in the month of October/November in the year of 2024?
2.) When i apply for a renewal,could my application be rejected or questioned even if i have met the Residency requirements?
3.) When i travel to Canada in the September of 2022,can i be questioned by the border officers?

Any inputs to these questions would be really helpful.
Thank you!!

Last edited:

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Greetings everyone,
I have a question along the lines of PR card validity,here’s my situation :

My PR card is set to expire in the November of 2024 and i made a soft landing to Canada in October 2019(stayed for 10 days to get my pr card application under process),I am planning to travel to Canada by September 2022 and do not plan to travel outside the country after that.In this case I will have completed the Residency Obligation mandated by the Canadian authorities (730 days in the last 5 years) while i am in Canada.Also to point out that i stayed in Canada for 10 days when i made the soft landing for initiating the PR card formalities so i am assuming they too will be counted towards the Residency Obligation required in Canada(that would make it 740 days).
My questions :
1.) Can i apply for a pr card renewal in the month of October/November in the year of 2024?
2.) When i apply for a renewal,could my application be rejected or questioned even if i have met the Residency requirements?
3.) When i travel to Canada in the September of 2022,can i be questioned by the border officers?

Any inputs to these questions would be really helpful.
Thank you!!
1) Yes if you meet the RO
2) Yes, especially if you are randomly selected for interview and pick up the card;
3) Just be prepared.

PBJ

Jun 26, 2015
Hello Everyone,

I became a PR on 29 March 2017, did a soft landing and then returned to India after 4 days. I returned back to Canada on 30th Jan 2020 and got a Job offer with a Canadian company in Sales role. In this role, I am required to travel to USA very frequently for business trip, client meetings, Sales pitch etc... Due to this travel, I am unable to complete my 730 day in Canada till 5 years ( from my landing date).

My question is that would the CIC consider my days outside Canada on business travel to USA as part of my residency obligation or not?

Thanks
PBJ