+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Renewal

sunny9

Jun 14, 2018
Sir,

It is respectfully submits that me and my family got the PR in the year of 2006 and after spending some days in Canada we all left for our home country. Then again we all came to Canada in the year of 2009 and lived there approx 14 months, and subsequently my son started study in Canada and remained there and became citizen of Canada and during the stay in Canada my wife got a job from the Canadian company and posted in India.

sir in the year of 2011 our PR card expired and we all applied for the renewal of the same, about in 2 years and after lots of correspondence we all succeeds for renewal and visited Canada after taking travel permit and got our renewed PR and came back subsequently came two times in Canada and spend approx 100 days only.my wife is no more with the Canadian companyand left the job during pendency of renewal application.

our PR are now expired in March 2018 and we could not fulfill the residency obligation my son is still there and got married in December with the Canadian citizen and we want to come there permanently and we all have US visa.

my age is 56 yrs ,my wife is 52 yrs and my daughter is 22 yrs old.

sir kindly advice me how to proceed further and if we all enters from at U.S border Niagara Falls what would be the repercurssions.

Sunny9

Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Sir,

It is respectfully submits that me and my family got the PR in the year of 2006 and after spending some days in Canada we all left for our home country. Then again we all came to Canada in the year of 2009 and lived there approx 14 months, and subsequently my son started study in Canada and remained there and became citizen of Canada and during the stay in Canada my wife got a job from the Canadian company and posted in India.

sir in the year of 2011 our PR card expired and we all applied for the renewal of the same, about in 2 years and after lots of correspondence we all succeeds for renewal and visited Canada after taking travel permit and got our renewed PR and came back subsequently came two times in Canada and spend approx 100 days only.my wife is no more with the Canadian companyand left the job during pendency of renewal application.

our PR are now expired in March 2018 and we could not fulfill the residency obligation my son is still there and got married in December with the Canadian citizen and we want to come there permanently and we all have US visa.

my age is 56 yrs ,my wife is 52 yrs and my daughter is 22 yrs old.

sir kindly advice me how to proceed further and if we all enters from at U.S border Niagara Falls what would be the repercurssions.

Sunny9

Thanks
Given your expired PR cards you will likely be reported for not meeting your residency requirements and the process to revoke your PR will begin. You can appeal but unless you have some H&C reasons for not meeting the RO you will likely lose your PR. Given your daughter's age she could have returned on her own so she will have significant problems proving that she was unable to return and meet her RO. Your son can apply to sponsor you and your wife through PGP when he qualifies with his wife but your daughter wouldn't be included. She could try to further her studies and find her own way to remain/return to Canada.

awaw

Jul 13, 2018
Thanks canuck78
is there any other way.
I think you better try to cross the border using a private car. At the border they might let you in without problems. If they ask you about RO, you may tell them about your intention to stay permanently. If the officer is nice, you might get in without problems.
Good luck

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I think you better try to cross the border using a private car. At the border they might let you in without problems. If they ask you about RO, you may tell them about your intention to stay permanently. If the officer is nice, you might get in without problems.
Good luck
Really unlikely for a border agent to wave you through in this situation even if you plan to stay permanently. I would not leave a job or sell a house if you own one given your chances of being able to stay in Canada on a permanent basis.