+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR renewal

Jun 29, 2017
Dear...
I have to clarify about my PR card renewal.....I landed with my family to Canada on March 2014,we all received the PR card which will expire on June 12 2019.My question is ,due to our job issues and kids education needs,we are still residing outside Canada.But we want to move to Canada as permenant residence..but the time expired....whether we can still move to Canada as residence and whether our PR will be renewed if we stay there continuous two years .....

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If you want to guarantee you can keep your permanent residency, then you need to live in Canada for 2 out of every 5 years.

If you fail to do that and your PR cards expire, then you can try flying to the US and re-entering Canada through a land border using a private car. if you are able to re-enter Canada - then if you remain in Canada for two years without leaving, you'll be able to renew your PR status. If you are instead reported at the border for failing to meet RO, you'll have to appear at a hearing and should expect to lose your PR status (at which point you'll be ordered to leave Canada).

Job and education issues are not accepted as reasons for failing to meet the PR residency requirement.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Dear...
I have to clarify about my PR card renewal.....I landed with my family to Canada on March 2014,we all received the PR card which will expire on June 12 2019.My question is ,due to our job issues and kids education needs,we are still residing outside Canada.But we want to move to Canada as permenant residence..but the time expired....whether we can still move to Canada as residence and whether our PR will be renewed if we stay there continuous two years .....
If you landed in Canada as PR and then immediately left back in March 2014, then as of March 2017 you are in violation of the residency obligation. This means that next time you attempt to enter Canada (either by air or land), you may be reported by CBSA which will start process to revoke your PR cards.

You can decide to appeal this, although if your only reasons are school and work that will not be a good chance for success.

Jun 29, 2017
I have a question related to the replacement of my PR card. I landed last year and became a PR. I got my PR card a few months later after landing and have since lost it. I am now applying for a replacement and have 2 questions. First, does the entire passport need to be photocopied OR just the page with my photo/details and the page containing the stamp when I landed? Second, do the pages need to be notarized or stamped by anyone?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I have a question related to the replacement of my PR card. I landed last year and became a PR. I got my PR card a few months later after landing and have since lost it. I am now applying for a replacement and have 2 questions. First, does the entire passport need to be photocopied OR just the page with my photo/details and the page containing the stamp when I landed? Second, do the pages need to be notarized or stamped by anyone?
1. Just the biographical pages.

2. No.

Reactions: droopyrichards