+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR renewal URGENT

ZAVA

Aug 29, 2018
Hello! I understand that in order to apply for a renewal of a PR card it is necessary to meet 730 days in the past 5 years...

- Does it matter to NOT have met the requirements in the first years of PR? (Came to Canada 1 month before PR card expired and had accumulated months but not all of them and have stayed from that time in Canada waiting to complete these days and renew)

- These 730 days have to be an accumulative or consecutive? ( Even if the time outside of Canada was >12months in consecutive?)

-If I apply for renewal and I have to leave urgent without my card haven't arrived yet Is it possible to still return to Canada? (Of course family will have to send PR card in order to enter Canada again) (my question is can I still leave Canada while waiting for my PR card?)

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
The 730 does not have to be consecutive. You must have spent 730 days within the past 5 years from the date you signed your PR card renewal.

If you sign the application today then you must have stayed in Canada for 730 days from January 20, 2015 to January 20, 2020. From your post history, you have barely lived in Canada. As a PR, you will be allowed in but you are taking a huge risk of being reported. Once reported, your need to stay in Venezuela to attend school will NOT be accepted as H&C reason.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
MAny are required to pick up their card in person. How many days have you spent in Canada. If close to 730 days you may be required to give more proof.