+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR renewal URGENT.... Help

token

Mar 27, 2011
My PR is valid up till december of 2011. I will be travelling in August of 2011 and will be outside Canada for a few months but, could be longer. I know that current times for renewal of PR is, about 211 days. I don't want to risk any delays with the renewal and as result, to end up applying for a travel document overseas because my card was not processed before December thru normal renewal. I would like to get my PR card renewed before August, 2011, even though my expiration date on PR is, in December 2011.

My questions are:

1.Could I apply now, and renew my PR card thru URGENT request if my card will expire in December, 2011?

2. Does one need to give explanation as to why he/she needs an urgent renewal, or a copy of the airplane ticket is enough? If explanation is needed, what sort of reasons are acceptable for urgent renewal?

3. Could you please, tell me, how long does it take for an urgent request to be processed?

I would appreciate yr help and please, give examples of any other cases in which urgent cases were approved even though PR cards were valid for a few more months.

thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. Yes, you can

2. You need to explain why you need it before August 11, that is because you will be gone until after it expires. Do you have return tickets to show them as for when you are coming back?

3. I have heard of renewals taking as little as 1-2 months if they are expedited.

I have not heard many stories of people doing urgent renewal and nobody in your situation. It is possible that they will not consider your request and will tell you to get the travel document instead.