+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR renewal responce from case processing

tareqali

Jun 7, 2013
Dear Leon and senior members,

Thank you for your efforts helping out through your experience. I hope you can advise me on my case.

I landed with my family back in July of 2008, then we left back to our country of residence at that time. We visited ounce afterwards, but came back for good and settled in Canada in Aug of 2010. To make sure we have clear entry and exit stamps, We issued new passports and used them to enter Canada in Aug 2010. After that we traveled for visits during our children's school vacations to see close relatives, however, I kept count of all our entries and exits. Our PR cards expire in August of 2013. So, I started a PR renewal application last March after I made sure we exceeded the 730 days requirement from the period we settled ( August 2010) even not taking in count the days we stayed in Canada before that. Along side all required documents, from my children's school to our Tax returns ( full requirements ). I Also sent a letter along with my application declaring that I was not in Canada before Aug 2010. I also included all passport pages of the old passports that we had when we landed, and the new ones which we used the time we entered Canada in Aug 2010. However, I translated non English/French stamps only for the new passports, as the old passports had 100's of stamps on them. I also explained in my letter that I counted my 730 days after August 2010. On Jun 2nd, I checked The online status of my application, and it said : Decision Made: Your application for renewal of PR card has been processed on May 28th and you have been approved. You will receive a letter within 2-4 weeks requesting you to collect your PR cards from the nearest CIC office.

Today I received letters to all our family requesting:

- that the all the pages of our passports held from 2008-2013 be copied and non-English/French stamps be translated.
- Also, the letter asks for Record of Movements in all countries visited during that period.

I already sent copies of all passports, but only translated stamps on the new one. For the second requirement, most of the countries that I visited require Visas, and I do not even know if they give out such records.

Please advise what should I do? Should I translate the old passports, and send a letter that there is no possible way for me to get these records, either for not being able to go to these countries or because they do not have such service there? Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do these countries have consulates/embassies in Canada? If yes, have you confirmed with them that they do not have such service?

tareqali

Jun 7, 2013
Since 2008, I have visited 12 countries. Most of them in the period I declared that I did not settle ( prior to Aug 2010). I am going to ask about the other countries, but I know that the Arabic countries ( half of these countries ) do not provide this!!

What is strange is why the online Status is showing Approved decision? This is contradicting information?

Please advise.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Not contradictory because the card has been renewed. However, the local CIC office needs to confirm information before they hand it to you. If they aren't convinced, they could give you a RQ. Be as organized as possible.

Someone I know got her PR card renewed but they called her for an interview. The officer wanted concrete proof that she had resided in Canada during the period claimed. The officer wanted proof of "active" presence e.g. work records, tax documents, medical visit records, etc. She was told that bills are not very good evidence because you can be anywhere in the world yet paying for the services.

tareqali

Jun 7, 2013
SenoritaBella said:
Not contradictory because the card has been renewed. However, the local CIC office needs to confirm information before they hand it to you. If they aren't convinced, they could give you a RQ. Be as organized as possible.

Someone I know got her PR card renewed but they called her for an interview. The officer wanted concrete proof that she had resided in Canada during the period claimed. The officer wanted proof of "active" presence e.g. work records, tax documents, medical visit records, etc. She was told that bills are not very good evidence because you can be anywhere in the world yet paying for the services.
Thanks Bella for your reply.

The case was not transferred to the local CIC. It is still with Case Management Center. I wish they would request an interview, I have an ongoing life here. However, my question is how to reply to the requests they are asking me now, particularly getting the movement records from the immigration of all those countries whom I declared clearly I was still not settled in Canada when I visited them.

Chinapeach

Dec 20, 2012
i'm not seasoned at this but we had the same letter and went to the immigration place to provide the same doc and pick up PR yesterday.

We had no issue with any stamps from passport, most were in English other then the Chinese ones.

As for your record of movements i would call the 1-888 number at the bottom of the letter you got and ask them how to obtain that information. Might be as simple as you writing it down.

tareqali

Jun 7, 2013
Chinapeach said:
i'm not seasoned at this but we had the same letter and went to the immigration place to provide the same doc and pick up PR yesterday.

We had no issue with any stamps from passport, most were in English other then the Chinese ones.

As for your record of movements i would call the 1-888 number at the bottom of the letter you got and ask them how to obtain that information. Might be as simple as you writing it down.
Thanks China peach for your feedback!
So your letter stated that you go and pick up your PR's? Or to supply Copies of passports and Record of movement? Because the letter that I received stated that I supply photocopies and translation of stamps for my old passports in addition to the record of movement and send them to Case Management Center.

Kindly elaborate.

Thanks

Chinapeach

Dec 20, 2012
we didn't need to supply movement papers

We needed translation of all stamps and about 6 other points (I.D's, my passport ( since i'm a Canadian so when i was living in China it counts , translation of marriage cert, ect) . I can't remember them all but we weren't to send them in we had to go to the CIC office to present them before picking up his PR. We didn't translate any stamps though has no issues with that.. but again most were in English other then the Chinese ones

it's weird that it says approved and they are asking for more info.

When we were there 3 days ago though they told us they have some"new system" and most of them work off an old system. I'm not sure what this means but they don't have all the info in one place.
Did you get a chance to call and ask about this?

The letter said to send the info.. Not bring the info and pick up PR at the CIC ??

pecimob

Star Member
Aug 22, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
as for the record of your movements, a simple list showing dates of departure and return in excel or word would suffice.