+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Renewal Query

escee81

Jul 7, 2020
Hi, I have a PR card that has expired in 2013. Unfortunately, owing to difficult personal challenges/multiple address changes over the years, I have lost possession of all the other supporting documents I had when I first came here to the country such as my passport, my original Record of Landing (IMM 1000) as well as any other supporting identity documents required for PR card renewal. I have never been outside Canada since 2003. I have always had a full-time job, paid my taxes, and no criminal record either. The only ID I have left is the above-mentioned expired PR card. I have already downloaded and filled out an Application for a Permanent Resident Card (IMM 5444E) and even paid the $50 fee. All I have to do is mail it out, but since this is a time-consuming application (esp. more so now with the Covid pandemic), I just want to know if there's anything else I could add to my application that could ensure it does not end up being rejected. My spouse maintains that a letter explaining why I don't have all the necessary documents might help. I am inclined to think so as well, but I would also greatly appreciate any input from any immigration professionals out here.

Thank you in advance for any help.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, I have a PR card that has expired in 2013. Unfortunately, owing to difficult personal challenges/multiple address changes over the years, I have lost possession of all the other supporting documents I had when I first came here to the country such as my passport, my original Record of Landing (IMM 1000) as well as any other supporting identity documents required for PR card renewal. I have never been outside Canada since 2003. I have always had a full-time job, paid my taxes, and no criminal record either. The only ID I have left is the above-mentioned expired PR card. I have already downloaded and filled out an Application for a Permanent Resident Card (IMM 5444E) and even paid the $50 fee. All I have to do is mail it out, but since this is a time-consuming application (esp. more so now with the Covid pandemic), I just want to know if there's anything else I could add to my application that could ensure it does not end up being rejected. My spouse maintains that a letter explaining why I don't have all the necessary documents might help. I am inclined to think so as well, but I would also greatly appreciate any input from any immigration professionals out here.

Thank you in advance for any help.
Follow the application. If you have been living in Canada all this time you should be fine.