+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR renewal query-any potential problems?

pitra426

Jan 1, 2016
A long post with specific queries-my apologies for that.

Here is a summary of my status regarding the RO obligation
-First landed in Feb-2017,stayed for 6 days and moved to S.E.Asia(had just taken up a new position there before the PR came through 6 months back).
-Transferred to Canada (Quebec) with previous employer -landed on 30th Dec.2019.
-Courtesy COVID, have stayed within QC for 742 days now.
Due to my preference to move out of QC (higher taxes, additional QC tax filing, French language obstacle to new jobs) have lived continuously at a few Airbnb sites.
-Total days outside since becoming PR: 1,056
-Total days inside since becoming PR: 742 and counting (should have close to 750 by the time I date & courier the renewal application)

Q1.Have printed out all of the following for the last 2 years: employer payslips, bank checking account & credit card statements, 2020 Federal & QC tax statement of accounts, all Airbnb receipts and ,email from accommodation provider (for employer-provided housing for 1st 2 months: End Dec-'19 to end Feb-'20)
In order to offset the 'cutting it close' to RO point, would it help to attach all the above supporting documents to the renewal appln?

Q2.Address & travel history: Given that I stayed out of Canada until 12/30/2019, do I have to detail all addresses & trips made outside Canada between early Feb-'17 and end-Dec-'19?
Address history in Canada: I do plan to detail all addresses stayed in Canada (including my current Airbnb booked until 1st week of June-'21).

Q3.-Will IRCC look down on me not signing a long-term house lease and staying in multiple Airbnb sites, despite the fact that my preference was always to leave QC and the available supporting proofs?

Q4.Just worried that despite struggling so much over the last 2years (paying extremely high Federal, QC taxes), working in a job which was over-sold, dealing with old parents staying alone in home country managing on their own through COVID, employers wasting many a weekend on interview prep/tests just to tick off their 'Considered Visible Minority candidates' criterion for the multiplied applied positions),whether the renewal application will be rejected or delayed. Any inputs or suggestions will be appreciated.

Q5.Renouncing PR-Incase the renewal gets delayed or is refused, would renouncing the PR at least return some of the Federal/CRA taxes paid over 730+ days? How about individual provinces like QC that have their own tax authority (Revenue Quebec),filing requirements and massive tax rates? Would renouncing Federal Skilled Worker also obligate/require agencies like Rev.Quebec to return paid provincial taxes paid by the PR renouncer?
Federal/provincial benefits received over 2 years: $0,not considering the free vaccines.

Thank you so much for patiently reading through this long post and taking time to respond to the queries.