+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR renewal & photo taken abroad

marika89

Star Member
Apr 26, 2021
Hi,
Has anyone renewed or applied for a new PR card and used photos taken abroad?
Can it be an issue? Is it required to have photos taken by professional in Canada? I don't see anything about it their website, so I assume it does not matter.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi,
Has anyone renewed or applied for a new PR card and used photos taken abroad?
Can it be an issue? Is it required to have photos taken by professional in Canada? I don't see anything about it their website, so I assume it does not matter.
As far as I know they only care about the photo specifications and that it's recent.

But if in doubt - why would you risk it? Spend the 20 bucks and get it redone.

marika89

Star Member
Apr 26, 2021
Well I happen to have recently taken photos I could use for renewing the PR card, so I will try them. I was just asking if anyone has used photos taken abroad (address, name of the studio, date need to be back on the photos) and if there has been any issues.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Well I happen to have recently taken photos I could use for renewing the PR card, so I will try them. I was just asking if anyone has used photos taken abroad (address, name of the studio, date need to be back on the photos) and if there has been any issues.
Most people applying from abroad do without any issues.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I think it is not possible to apply or renew the PR card from abroad. Please correct me if I am wrong.
You're right, PR renewals are not done from abroad. But they do PR apps and provide photos all the time. PR apps use the same photo format for PR cards (which they provide at time of COPR issuance).