+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Renewal online - return reason "Incomplete application".

Danycad

Oct 24, 2023
Hi all. I applied only a week ago (October 29th), and now I'm in a panic already.

Return Reason: Photos are missing, Incomplete application
Action: View button is greyed out and cannot be clicked

I am 100% sure my photos are good, and my application is completed too. Should I be worried? I see a lot of people saying this could be a glitch but I'm obviously concerned.
as long as u havnt received any email/mail .. and ur view button on the portal is not visible, just relax and wait

the_vooyko

Nov 13, 2023
Hi All,

Here is my timeline and experience with PR Card Renewal online:
Submitted application - September 19th, 2023
Status changed to "Incomplete Application" with all buttons greyed out - October 20th, 2023
Renewed card received via post - November 10th, 2023 (status of online application still unchanged).

My new application for the PR card cannot be found and attached to my IRCC profile.

Obviously, there are bugs in the online system, so don't get discouraged when you see no status change. Follow the requirements provided by the official website and you will be fine.
M

Reactions: Dawyen

wlee62

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
BUF
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2011
AOR Received.
17-09-2011
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
19-01-2012
Med's Request
17-09-2011
Med's Done....
28-09-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
21-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2012
LANDED..........
09-04-2012
Well this is disappointing... I had to resubmit my online application on Sep 11, 2023 (originally submitted on July 4, 2023), and I have yet to see any updates to my application.

Rodger908

Oct 26, 2023
Hey - I submitted in Feb 18th and got the same last week. Another person I know submitted Feb 15th and got the same return reason but today it disappeared.

Are you able to click the view button? If not… Its a glitch in their system… it should go away eventually.
Hi, guys, about the glitch, it's still there in my online application webpage with the icon greyed out, but I've received PR card within 2 months. So probably it's just a system error, it doesn't matter for renew processing, good luck.

paul85

Sep 23, 2016
lol even though status is showing incomplete but received both PR card (me and my wife) within 35 days :)

Au5

Aug 9, 2023
Same here. Got my renewal in the mail today after online submission October 4th, 2023. Portal still says “Incomplete Application”. Good luck everyone!

hkmins

May 22, 2019
"Applying for permanent resident cards online Some people can now apply for a permanent resident (PR) card through the permanent residence online application portal. This includes: renewing your card"

1) Who are "Some people"? Do I fit into this "Some people" group?

"What is the Permanent Residence Portal? You should only create a new account if you're: applying to get a PR card/PRTD using this portal"

2) Can I create a new account for my PR card renewal?

3) I have created an account and submitted my PR Card renewal application. Should I print it out and resubmit via mail? Thanks.

sidroy09

Jul 26, 2013
Hi All,

Here is my timeline and experience with PR Card Renewal online:
Submitted application - September 19th, 2023
Status changed to "Incomplete Application" with all buttons greyed out - October 20th, 2023
Renewed card received via post - November 10th, 2023 (status of online application still unchanged).

My new application for the PR card cannot be found and attached to my IRCC profile.

Obviously, there are bugs in the online system, so don't get discouraged when you see no status change. Follow the requirements provided by the official website and you will be fine.
M
Agreed!
When i applied for PR renewal card, I was never able to link in GCKey account. The status stayed as "Submitted" and i received the card in 2.5 months.
Now, my friend's PR card renewal application is showing as "Incomplete returned" but we have no idea why. Also not able to link it in GCKey.

hkmins

May 22, 2019
"Applying for permanent resident cards online Some people can now apply for a permanent resident (PR) card through the permanent residence online application portal. This includes: renewing your card"

1) Who are "Some people"? Do I fit into this "Some people" group?

"What is the Permanent Residence Portal? You should only create a new account if you're: applying to get a PR card/PRTD using this portal"

2) Can I create a new account for my PR card renewal?

3) I have created an account and submitted my PR Card renewal application. Should I print it out and resubmit via mail? Thanks.

Well done, IRCC. I received my new card 22 days later, although the online status is still "Submitted".

Julierivera

Dec 12, 2023
USA
Yes,I faced the same situation. I also filled my application and paid fee but later on I tried Venmo for payment of fee and I got my issue resolved.