+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR renewal online application - Travel history filing query

BeenishR

Apr 30, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Hello,

I am applying online to renew my PR card. I have completed RO in the last 5 years but first 3 years I was working with a non Canadian employer and living outside of Canada. I travelled extensively during that time, like 2 or 3 trips per month throughout the years from that country(my residence during first 3 years of PR) to multiple countries.
The online application only seems to be accustomed to count days when filed to and from Canada as it subtracts the travel day out and in of Canada. When I use the To and from Dates to mention date of travel from another country, it is not showing the right number of days outside of Canada. This is because it minuses first and last day from the total travel time from each travel. I am finding difficult filling so much info in the online application as it is making the entire history very complicated.

Question
a) Can I only mention the travel outside of Canada(to and from Canada only) giving reason as Other, that I was working outside of Canada with a non-Canadian company?
b) If I have travelled eg. 01 Aug(left Canada) till 05 Aug(entered Canada), when I input in the online application trips table, it only counts 3 days. Is this correct ?

shannon388

Dec 15, 2017
a) Yes, I think "Other" is what applies to you. The other choices should be "Working for a Canadian company abroad", "Accompanying a citizen working for a Canadian company abroad", "Accompanying a PR working for a Canadian company abroad", which none applies to you.
b) 3 days in that example is correct, if you've been even only a few minutes in Canada on a day, it is counted towards RO as a full day.