+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR renewal online application (March 2023)

@7med

Jun 12, 2018
Greetings to All,
I applied for PR card renewal online on 13 March 2023 and it currently shows submitted and nothing else. I haven't received any kind of email regarding my application ever since. How to track my application? How long does it take to receive acknowledgment from IRCC? What should be my next step?

bricksonly

Mar 18, 2018
Greetings to All,
I applied for PR card renewal online on 13 March 2023 and it currently shows submitted and nothing else. I haven't received any kind of email regarding my application ever since. How to track my application? How long does it take to receive acknowledgment from IRCC? What should be my next step?
Submitting status means your application is fine. Online application is safe, no worry about lost.
If there's nothing change of the status, you generally will be processed 45-60 days later. Have no idea how the strike will affect this.
For general application, a decision will be made in 3 to 5 days after they begin to process.
You will receive an email if your online status change for portal account. However, the status never changes into "processing" or "decision made", so you won't get a notice of your normal process.
IRCC only inform portal account if they ask more info or there is some problem with your application. the status will changed into "returned" or something. Your application will change to reviewable and editable. You need to fix then resubmit it, online.
To get to know how your normal application goes, you have to LINK your application with your IRCC account by offering your UIC, generally using GCKey to log in.
Notice: Your online application account (portal) is not the IRCC account. You can find your status change from your IRCC account for AOR DM, not portal account.

Last edited:

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
Edit: was able to tie it to a gckey account

I applied on Feb 28, called IRCC today about my citizenship application and asked about PR renewal as well.
They told me that they received the application on April 12, gave me the application number and told me I should be able to connect it to tracker now.
Client application status page is still not finding my application.
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/introduction.do?app=ecas

Any idea if there is another tracker that I should use for this?

Last edited: