+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Renewal Lack of 730 Days

navi141

Dec 21, 2018
We are a family of 2 Adults and 2 children. We got a PR on Aug 2015 and we landed on Aug 2015 and stayed for a week and left to india. Due to personal commitments and work we have to stay outside canada from 2015 till Aug 2018. We return to canada on Aug 2018 and i got a job in canada and my kids are in school.

My wife father is critically sick now and i am planning to send my family back to india to support her father.My wife may have to stay back for 2 months to support her father.
Now we left with only 30 additional days as our PR ends at Sep 2020. We have now 730 days plus a 30 additional days.

My question is i am planing to send my wife and kids to india and i will stay in cananda as i am currently employed. If my wife retruns back after 2 months then she has a shortage of a month for her PR renewal.
Is there any other way to renew her PR ? Shall we renew my wife and children PR by staying additional 1 month after the PR expiry date ? Immigration department accepts this or her PR will be cancelled ?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
We are a family of 2 Adults and 2 children. We got a PR on Aug 2015 and we landed on Aug 2015 and stayed for a week and left to india. Due to personal commitments and work we have to stay outside canada from 2015 till Aug 2018. We return to canada on Aug 2018 and i got a job in canada and my kids are in school.

My wife father is critically sick now and i am planning to send my family back to india to support her father.My wife may have to stay back for 2 months to support her father.
Now we left with only 30 additional days as our PR ends at Sep 2020. We have now 730 days plus a 30 additional days.

My question is i am planing to send my wife and kids to india and i will stay in cananda as i am currently employed. If my wife retruns back after 2 months then she has a shortage of a month for her PR renewal.
Is there any other way to renew her PR ? Shall we renew my wife and children PR by staying additional 1 month after the PR expiry date ? Immigration department accepts this or her PR will be cancelled ?
PR card validity is irrelevant to meeting the Residency Obligation. The 5 years started the day you landed.

If your wife and children don't meet the RO upon re-entry, they can be reported, which would result in the loss of their PR status.

navi141

Dec 21, 2018
Thank you for the reply.
Let say if we have a 30 days less than 730 days , shall we stay 30 days more after the PR card expiry date and apply for a PR card renewal when we complete 730 days ? Will they accept in this case ?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you for the reply.
Let say if we have a 30 days less than 730 days , shall we stay 30 days more after the PR card expiry date and apply for a PR card renewal when we complete 730 days ? Will they accept in this case ?
No. They cannot apply for renewal when they don't meet the RO. If they are able to re-enter without being reported, they must remain in Canada for another 2 years before applying for renewal.

manishdamani271

Star Member
May 10, 2013
Hello @navi141 I hope you must be doing good . I am also in same situation where I am short by 30 days and need to enter in Canada (with Valid PR card ) . Can you share your experience with me ?