+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Renewal Interview request while outside canada? With expired PR ?

MWM

Star Member
Jun 1, 2014
I have a special circumstances my parents are so sick and hospitalized , I am waiting a pr renewal interview date , I met all RO with more than 920 and I can prove it 200% , the problem , we are waiting the PR Interview date but we don't when , and now Iam forced to leave due to my parents health issues and I don't for how long I will stay there as last time I faced similar situation I said Iam going for a week , I stucked between hospitals 4 months .

My Question :could a lawyer or representative attend the interview on my behalf if I leave ? With my documents he could proof easily i was here for more than 920 days .

Do they accept to deliever pr cards to lawyers ?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Normally, you are not supposed to apply for a PR renewal when you are outside Canada. I have never heard of being able to send someone else to your interview but just because I haven't heard about it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Talk to an immigration lawyer to find out.

If you can't get your PR card renewed, you can apply for a PR travel document in order to return to Canada when you are ready. If you at that point do not meet the RO anymore, you can apply based on H&C grounds for having had to take care of your sick parents. Provide medical documents. If accepted, you get to keep your PR and return to Canada. However, keep in mind that getting a travel document / PR card renewal based on H&C grounds does not excuse your not meeting the RO in the future so you could still get in trouble with your new PR card if you continue to stay outside. It would be better to apply when you are really ready to return.