+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR- Renewal - I am frustrated

Arun_help

Jul 28, 2012
I applied for PR renewal in March 2012. In May I checked the status online, and it said application approved,and you will be asked to collect you PR card in four weeks.But, because I did not receive the card by June, I called the customer service, and they said that the application has been sent to the local offce (Montreal) for further verification and that they will contact you; I asked when they will contact me, they said, there is no way he can tell, it could take 6 months to 2 years. I AM SHOCKED. What happened here, I have my vacation planned for September... my tickets will go waste, plus I have to visit my home country soon,becasue my mother is not well.
Please let me know what my options are? The call center agent told me to apply for for returning resident permit in India, but that could take 3-4 weeks at the local embassy, and I will be in India only for 2 weeks. I am very frustrated, and do not know what to do. PLEASE HELP...

mythestic

Apr 10, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London CHC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb-2009
Doc's Request.
06-03-2009
IELTS Request
06-03-2009
File Transfer...
January-2011 to London
Med's Request
November-2011
Med's Done....
17-12-2011 (Received at LVO Feb-2012)
Interview........
Decision Made on June 26, 2012
Passport Req..
PPR-1: 30-April-2012 - PPR-2: 03July2012
VISA ISSUED...
20th July 2012
LANDED..........
Landed successfully in September 2012 - Got PR Cards on 28Nov2012
Where did you land 1st time in canada? Directly to montreal?

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Arun_help said:
I applied for PR renewal in March 2012. In May I checked the status online, and it said application approved,and you will be asked to collect you PR card in four weeks.But, because I did not receive the card by June, I called the customer service, and they said that the application has been sent to the local offce (Montreal) for further verification and that they will contact you; I asked when they will contact me, they said, there is no way he can tell, it could take 6 months to 2 years. I AM SHOCKED. What happened here, I have my vacation planned for September... my tickets will go waste, plus I have to visit my home country soon,becasue my mother is not well.
Please let me know what my options are? The call center agent told me to apply for for returning resident permit in India, but that could take 3-4 weeks at the local embassy, and I will be in India only for 2 weeks. I am very frustrated, and do not know what to do. PLEASE HELP...
Hi. Reach out and request urgent processing. If you sent it by courier or registered mail, you can fax them some info and contact you within 2 days.

Good luck :)

khalid h

Jan 21, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad.....UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09 July 09
Doc's Request.
11 Sep 09
Nomination.....
05 Jan 2010
AOR Received.
20th Jan 2010
IELTS Request
7 sent with docs
File Transfer...
30th June 2010
Med's Request
1st May 2012
Med's Done....
21st May 2012
Interview........
No please
Passport Req..
PPR1-18th July, PPR2- 17th August
VISA ISSUED...
5th Sept 2012
LANDED..........
17th October 2012 inshAllah
OhCanadiana said:
Hi. Reach out and request urgent processing. If you sent it by courier or registered mail, you can fax them some info and contact you within 2 days.

Good luck :)

[/quote/] Can we ask for urgent processing for first time PR card as well?

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
khalid h said:
Can we ask for urgent processing for first time PR card as well?
Those are expedited automatically. :)

Right now, for example, the processing time for new PR's PR card is 44 business days vs. 71 for existing PR's PR cards.

You can always see the timing at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp

khalid h

Jan 21, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad.....UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09 July 09
Doc's Request.
11 Sep 09
Nomination.....
05 Jan 2010
AOR Received.
20th Jan 2010
IELTS Request
7 sent with docs
File Transfer...
30th June 2010
Med's Request
1st May 2012
Med's Done....
21st May 2012
Interview........
No please
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
5th Sept 2012
LANDED..........
OhCanadiana said:
Those are expedited automatically. :)

Right now, for example, the processing time for new PR's PR card is 44 business days vs. 71 for existing PR's PR cards.

You can always see the timing at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp
Thanks for your reply
But I need to comeback for a month after leaving my family in Canada and then I cannot go back to canada without PR card or travel doc from visa office, do you have idea about AbuDahabi office, can i get travel doc from there?

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
khalid h said:
Thanks for your reply
But I need to comeback for a month after leaving my family in Canada and then I cannot go back to canada without PR card or travel doc from visa office, do you have idea about AbuDahabi office, can i get travel doc from there?
Take a look at the UAE Consulate's How to apply for a permanent resident travel document for detailed instructions, timing, etc.

khalid h

Jan 21, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad.....UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09 July 09
Doc's Request.
11 Sep 09
Nomination.....
05 Jan 2010
AOR Received.
20th Jan 2010
IELTS Request
7 sent with docs
File Transfer...
30th June 2010
Med's Request
1st May 2012
Med's Done....
21st May 2012
Interview........
No please
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
5th Sept 2012
LANDED..........

obs35

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
Arun_help said:
Some applicants are called at CIC office to pick up their cards, that is because CIC have some concerns and questions to the applicant ot investigations.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob412.asp

Arun_help

Jul 28, 2012
To OhCanada..

Thanks for your response. I really appreciate it. I looked at the link for urgent processing, but it is not very clear.

I have already mailed my application before, and the status says approved, but then it was referred to the local office.

Do, I need to do brand new application? and include the proof of travel with it?

Please let me know.
Thanks,

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Arun_help said:
To OhCanada..

Thanks for your response. I really appreciate it. I looked at the link for urgent processing, but it is not very clear.

I have already mailed my application before, and the status says approved, but then it was referred to the local office.

Do, I need to do brand new application? and include the proof of travel with it?

Please let me know.
Thanks,
The answer depends - did you mail your application with registered mail or a with a courier (e.g., FedEx, UPS, Purolator)?

Arun_help

Jul 28, 2012
I mailed it via regualar mail, but did put a delivery confirmation on it, this was for the oringal application mailed in March.

Thankw

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Arun_help said:
I mailed it via regualar mail, but did put a delivery confirmation on it, this was for the oringal application mailed in March.

Thankw
Take a look at your receipt. If it says registered mail, then you can fax them the list of documents at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/pr-card/apply-how.asp#urgent.

Code:
If you sent your application by courier or registered mail:

If it has been longer than the “received up to” date posted on our website and you have not yet received your card, please send us the following information by fax at 514-496‑8670:

the date you mailed your application, the company you used, the date it was received and the confirmation number
    a photocopy of your plane, bus, train or boat ticket (if not available, then a travel itinerary or e-ticket with proof of payment)
    your surname and given name
    your client ID number (if available)
    your date of birth
    your home address
    your daytime telephone number (this is the number at which CIC will call you about your request for urgent processing) and
    your email address (if applicable).

We will examine your request and contact you within two business days to inform you whether it is possible to speed up the process.
If you're not sure, then you can still try to fax them and include a copy of the receipt - they may be able to find it. Wait to see what they reply within 2 business days.

Otherwise, you may have to reapply saying urgent since:

Code:
If you sent your application by regular mail:

If it has been longer than the “received up to” date posted on our website since you submitted your application and you have not yet received your card, you may mail a new application, including:

a photocopy of your plane, bus, train or boat ticket (if not available, then a travel itinerary or e-ticket with proof of payment)
    all supporting documents (you will have to replace pictures and certified copies)
    a photocopy of your receipt of payment form (IMM 5401) or electronic receipt and
    an explanation letter with your personal information, client ID number and the reason you are re-sending your application.

Also:

write “Urgent—Proof of travel included” on your envelope
    use registered mail or a courier service