+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR- Renewal - I am frustrated

Arun_help

Jul 28, 2012
I applied for PR renewal in March 2012. In May I checked the status online, and it said application approved,and you will be asked to collect you PR card in four weeks.But, because I did not receive the card by June, I called the customer service, and they said that the application has been sent to the local offce (Montreal) for further verification and that they will contact you; I asked when they will contact me, they said, there is no way he can tell, it could take 6 months to 2 years. I AM SHOCKED. What happened here, I have my vacation planned for September... my tickets will go waste, plus I have to visit my home country soon,becasue my mother is not well.
Please let me know what my options are? The call center agent told me to apply for for returning resident permit in India, but that could take 3-4 weeks at the local embassy, and I will be in India only for 2 weeks. I am very frustrated, and do not know what to do. PLEASE HELP...

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I heard that a permanent resident doesn't have to carry a valid PR card upon returning Canada from USA via non commercial transportation (such as self-owned car or friend's car). Is there any possibility you can travel through USA?

odin2404

Jan 27, 2011
Burlington
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2010
Doc's Request.
sent with application
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
27-01-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
23rd Feb 2011
Med's Request
03rd March 2011
Med's Done....
30th March 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03rd March 2011 PPR/RPRF sent: 13th April 2011 RPRF encashed: 29th April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
05th May 2011
LANDED..........
19th July 2011
No such luck! Travelled to and back from Buffallo last week in my car, PR card is def required. But while landing, I remember the immigration officer telling us that till we recieve our PR cards, the COPR copy is good for travel.

Would wait for other inputs!

Cheers,
O

explorer_on

Jun 12, 2012
odin2404 said:
No such luck! Travelled to and back from Buffallo last week in my car, PR card is def required. But while landing, I remember the immigration officer telling us that till we recieve our PR cards, the COPR copy is good for travel.

Would wait for other inputs!

Cheers,
O
Hello Odin2404,

I am in similar situation too. My PR card has expired and i am in USA with my husband who is a Canadian citizen. I am planning to apply for PR card renewal. I am also planning to get PRTD i may have to take ferry from US to Canada. My question to you is:

1. Have you already received your PR card?
2. Did you give Canadian address or US address for PR card renewal?
3. What do yu mean by COPR?
4. You just applied for PR card renewal to returned to US right? We don't have to be there whole time i.e., until i receive new PR card......

Would really appreciate any response who has gone thro' similar situation or who knows anything about this.

Explorer.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
explorer_on said:
Hello Odin2404,

I am in similar situation too. My PR card has expired and i am in USA with my husband who is a Canadian citizen. I am planning to apply for PR card renewal. I am also planning to get PRTD i may have to take ferry from US to Canada. My question to you is:

1. Have you already received your PR card?
2. Did you give Canadian address or US address for PR card renewal?
3. What do yu mean by COPR?
4. You just applied for PR card renewal to returned to US right? We don't have to be there whole time i.e., until i receive new PR card......

Would really appreciate any response who has gone thro' similar situation or who knows anything about this.

Explorer.
You can't give a US address for your PR card renewal. You must provide a Canadian address.

Arun_help

Jul 28, 2012
Hi, I reapplied for the renewal, for a request for urgent processing with proof of travel.

The received my application on Aug 15, and started processing it on Aug16... no updates since then..
Man I am so frustrated; are they not supposed to process urgent processing requests quickly?