+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Renewal:How do I demonstrate physical presence?

TAShakur

Dec 18, 2018
Hi all

I landed in Canada in late 2019, and settled my family here. However, due to the nature of my work, I have been in and out of Canada frequently during this period. My job is overseas and does not qualify as Canadian employment. I have now managed to meet my physical presence in Canada and would like to apply for my PR Card renewal. It expires January 2025.

My question is how to prove my physical presence in Canada during this time. I have my flight tickets. Though passports aren't stamped on entry, we are required to scan our travel documents at CBSA machines, so they have a record of my entries, but not records of my exits, I presume.

PS: I also file taxes here in Canada.

Thanks in advance and apologies if this question has been asked before. I have searched the forum but saw nothing specific to my situation.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi all

I landed in Canada in late 2019, and settled my family here. However, due to the nature of my work, I have been in and out of Canada frequently during this period. My job is overseas and does not qualify as Canadian employment. I have now managed to meet my physical presence in Canada and would like to apply for my PR Card renewal. It expires January 2025.

My question is how to prove my physical presence in Canada during this time. I have my flight tickets. Though passports aren't stamped on entry, we are required to scan our travel documents at CBSA machines, so they have a record of my entries, but not records of my exits, I presume.

PS: I also file taxes here in Canada.

Thanks in advance and apologies if this question has been asked before. I have searched the forum but saw nothing specific to my situation.
You should read the instructions. You must provide the accounting of your travel days. Then you must provide evidence - some - of residence in Canada. Filing taxes, bank statements, leases, etc. are ways to do so. Again, just some evidence that you reside here / have resided in Canada some of that time.

The requirements do NOT state that you must 'prove' you have met the physical presence. You are not attempting to account for every day. You are showing that you have some time in Canada, but more importantly, by the accounting of your travel days, the count of days.

If they wish to request more information later from you, they can do so.

Reactions: Ponga