+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Renewal During Pandemic

roelotol

Apr 3, 2019
Dear all, I have applied for PR renewal mid November. It was delivered to IRCC on the 20th of November. I got the acknowledgment of receiving the application on the 20th of January and got a decision made status on 25th of January. Anybody got their renewed PR during the pandemic? Have you received it by mail or requested to collect it from the nearest IRCC office? I appreciate your responses.

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
I filed for renewal of mine at the end of December and haven't heard squat since (My better half unfortunately threw away the tracking # on the paper, so I'm afraid I'm up the proverbial creek on that one.) I'm hearing about 2-3 months for your average renewal; hope it's the same for you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Dear all, I have applied for PR renewal mid November. It was delivered to IRCC on the 20th of November. I got the acknowledgment of receiving the application on the 20th of January and got a decision made status on 25th of January. Anybody got their renewed PR during the pandemic? Have you received it by mail or requested to collect it from the nearest IRCC office? I appreciate your responses.
Will likely depend on the province and how close to the RO you were but most are getting cars by mail.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all, I posted my PR Renewal application on 25th January 2021. From the Tracking with Canada Post it was delivered on 08 February 2021. Nothing since then. I guess I may not hear for a while. Applied as my PR Card expires in September 2021. Good luck to all who apply.

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
Hi all, I posted my PR Renewal application on 25th January 2021. From the Tracking with Canada Post it was delivered on 08 February 2021. Nothing since then. I guess I may not hear for a while. Applied as my PR Card expires in September 2021. Good luck to all who apply.
Have patience, friend - it'll happen. I filed at end of December for PR Renewal (Thankfully way in advance as mine expires in September). They received it early January and I got AOR mid February. No news since then, but I'm hoping it will happen any day now.. Sigh.

Cameron2020

Star Member
Nov 28, 2016
It's two weeks since I posted my application and I was worried why they do not send me acknowledgment. Now reading your posts about receiving acknowledgment after two months calmed me.

Does it really take 2 weeks for the post to deliver the mail??!!!!!

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
It's two weeks since I posted my application and I was worried why they do not send me acknowledgment. Now reading your posts about receiving acknowledgment after two months calmed me.

Does it really take 2 weeks for the post to deliver the mail??!!!!!
The sad answer is "It takes as long as it takes"; the Post has been typically pretty good, but I find that the holdups seem to be more on the IRCC side, due to limited staffing; mine took about a month and a half to go from posted to AOR, so you're well within the timeline.

SUkimk

Jun 18, 2021
Hi I applied since APril 2020 got decision made by September and my card was sent to Etobicoke office since september 11th.
I still haven't received any email to collect it.

SUkimk

Jun 18, 2021
Maybe all of us who are waiting for the PR which is already just to be picked at Etobicoke office should write to the minister of immigration to speed up the process of pick up.

Usagisan

Star Member
Feb 23, 2021
After 1.5 months from posting my application I have received no acknowledgement.
I applied for PR card renewal in Feb 2021, got a stupid mistake and they returned my mail in mid-April. I completed everything and mailed it back right away the next day and up till today, July 19, I hear NOTHING. My PR card is still nowhere to be seen. Let's hope things will speed up after the government announced that international travel will be resumed in Sept. I don't know, just be patient.

Usagisan

Star Member
Feb 23, 2021
You can check out my timeline in my signature, but it's frustrating as there's very little in the way of communications (I think I just got one email throughout the whole process...)
I don't think I've ever received any acknowledgement of receipt. Last time I didn't get it but then they returned my mail because I missed one question. I resent it the next day and I tracked my mail and they received it two days later. Three months passed by and nothing!!! I'm really frustrated.

akhurana487

Star Member
Jul 21, 2014
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2014
Doc's Request.
cc charged 26 november 2014
Nomination.....
PER 29th december 2014
Med's Request
MR,PCC AND RPRF REQUESTS 13th April 2014
Med's Done....
On 20th may and submitted all documents on 22nd may 2015
Interview........
Tlu 3rd june 2015
Passport Req..
6th July 2015 and pp submitted 8th july
VISA ISSUED...
06/08/2015
LANDED..........
09/09/2015
Hi, Guys I sent an application for PR card renewal it was received on 11 June 2021. No AOR since then. Processing time shows 99 days. Is there any truth in this at all?