+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR renewal during Covid

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
Update on my urgent process:
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 21, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 21, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on October 21, 2020.
Status shows - Decision Made.

I hope it means that they will send it soon.
Yes the new cards will be dispatched tomorrow

Freeace22

Apr 1, 2020
9 months..

I applied for my citizenship in June 2019 still waiting for the test invite however due to covid no one knows when that will happen so I applied for my PR card renewal in 2020 July and last week I got the AOR for my pr card renewal.. just an email saying they got my application.. I’m guessing there is a massive backlog delay for everything
Hi, I also applied in july and got email last week saying they received my application for PR card renewal. But on ECAS I don't get any update. I see my citizenship application info on ECAS but no PR card renewal info.
Please help, thanks

rm0529

Sep 20, 2019
Hi,
We (family of 3) applied for PR renewal in July and received the PR cards yesterday. Here is the timeline :

Application sent - July 13
Application received - July 15
AOR for PR renewal received on - October 20
PR cards received on - October 30

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
Hi, I also applied in july and got email last week saying they received my application for PR card renewal. But on ECAS I don't get any update. I see my citizenship application info on ECAS but no PR card renewal info.
Please help,
It does take a while for it show up. It should show up when they start to process it. Mine took almost a week before it was listed on the page. I’d give it another few days and if it still hasn’t show up contact them.

If you got the email letting you know that they received it, then you can at least be assure your application is in their hands.

Freeace22

Apr 1, 2020
It does take a while for it show up. It should show up when they start to process it. Mine took almost a week before it was listed on the page. I’d give it another few days and if it still hasn’t show up contact them.

If you got the email letting you know that they received it, then you can at least be assure your application is in their hands.
Thank you. I received my card in the mail.

I sent request using web form. I linked my application with GC-key and it showed the status. Later on I saw my application on ECAS also due to web form request.

Reactions: AshesNdust

Daafi

Sep 18, 2019
Update on my situation: just received the card. it was urgent renewal.
Hi there,

How soon did you receive an AOR? When was the application received by them? I have mailed my application last week and it was received on Nov 3rd. I have included proof of travel...application is for my 17 year old daughter. She has around 780 days in Canada and I have sent her school records and birth certificate. I have to urgently travel for my husbands surgery in first week of December. Do you think I will get urgent processing?

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
Hi there,

How soon did you receive an AOR? When was the application received by them? I have mailed my application last week and it was received on Nov 3rd. I have included proof of travel...application is for my 17 year old daughter. She has around 780 days in Canada and I have sent her school records and birth certificate. I have to urgently travel for my husbands surgery in first week of December. Do you think I will get urgent processing?
Around 120 days is current processing time.

Daafi

Sep 18, 2019
Thanks @canvisa13 ... but I was wondering if my daughter's application will qualify for urgent processing? Especially if I have included proof of travel? I received an AOR today...

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
Thanks @canvisa13 ... but I was wondering if my daughter's application will qualify for urgent processing? Especially if I have included proof of travel? I received an AOR today...
If the agent determines that it is urgent, then you can get it anytime soon. Did you write 'Urgent' on top of the envelope? if not they don't know about the situation until they open it, which could take more time.

Nath2007

Nov 4, 2020
i applied for pr renewal in march
got decision made in august till now have not gotten card. anyone in similar boat

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
i applied for pr renewal in march
got decision made in august till now have not gotten card. anyone in similar boat
For my wife since Sep-15 decision made & still waiting.
Did you call? Submit webform?
Also, did you have any entry-exit from Canada in past 3 years of submitting the application? If so how many?

Montreal101

Star Member
Dec 5, 2016
sent my application 15/5
PR card expired 15/07
received my my AOR 21/09
In process 21/09
Decision made 27/09
Received my new card 30/10

popek90

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
Hi there,

Hi Daafi,

here is my timeline:
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 21, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 21, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on October 21, 2020.
I don't remember when I sent the application - around the end of September, I think.
I received the card on Monday - Nov 02.

I actually sent 2 applications, the first one was a regular one as I didn't plan to travel any time soon. Then the situation in my family changed and I need to travel any time -- I have filled the new application, updated all my information, included the same proof of payment, added the information on why I need the urgent processing (I wrote a cover letter and attached doctor's notice describing the family member's situation and the urgency), I also added "URGENT" on the envelope.

I didn't actually have a travel document -- I explained that due to COVID I don't have that yet as the situation is changing rapidly.

If you already sent your application and didn't write "Urgent" -- I doubt they will process instantly. If that's your case, that you can send one again, as I did.

Hope this will help.

Kohl

Star Member
Jul 3, 2015
The reasons I provided:
- My wife's family lost 2 people due to COVID a couple of weeks ago
- Our parents are alone over there since our siblings are also away, we might have to travel in an emergency if required
- Citizenship application is stuck due to COVID

I did not provide any details about immediate travel, neither did I mention that we are planning to, but I did mark my envelope as urgent, and wrote a letter and printed it and put it inside the envelope explaining the same reasons.
Thanks for the info! Lost my PR card, cannot imagine waiting 9 months plus on this more for citizenship to move to test taking and not being able to present my PR card (was lost). Worst they can do is reject my urgent processing request.