+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR renewal during Covid

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
application received on 8th September
I am confused. So your PR renewal application received by CIC on Sept 8th and it is already decision made? That is so fast. I don't think they are working on Sept applications yet. is it urgent processing?

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
I am confused. So your PR renewal application received by CIC on Sept 8th and it is already decision made? That is so fast. I don't think they are working on Sept applications yet. is it urgent processing?
Yes actually, they received my application on the 11th and they dispatched the new PR cards on 14th, I wrote them a letter explaining the urgency and how my citizenship application in parallel is stuck due to COVID.

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
Yes actually, they received my application on the 11th and they dispatched the new PR cards on 14th, I wrote them a letter explaining the urgency and how my citizenship application in parallel is stuck due to COVID.
That's a good news. Congratulations!

JHT

Star Member
Sep 4, 2020
congratulations !

May I ask what explanation or type of urgency did you provide ?

issteven

Jan 2, 2014
what urgent reason did you use?

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
The reasons I provided:
- My wife's family lost 2 people due to COVID a couple of weeks ago
- Our parents are alone over there since our siblings are also away, we might have to travel in an emergency if required
- Citizenship application is stuck due to COVID

I did not provide any details about immediate travel, neither did I mention that we are planning to, but I did mark my envelope as urgent, and wrote a letter and printed it and put it inside the envelope explaining the same reasons.

masood8

Oct 3, 2013
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-01-2011
Doc's Request.
20-03-2011
IELTS Request
Along File
Med's Request
05-11-2013
Med's Done....
10-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 05-10-2014 & PPR2 17-11-2014 (Submitted: 18-02-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2015
LANDED..........
29-June-2015
The reasons I provided:
- My wife's family lost 2 people due to COVID a couple of weeks ago
- Our parents are alone over there since our siblings are also away, we might have to travel in an emergency if required
- Citizenship application is stuck due to COVID

I did not provide any details about immediate travel, neither did I mention that we are planning to, but I did mark my envelope as urgent, and wrote a letter and printed it and put it inside the envelope explaining the same reasons.
Hi did you received any AOR in email for your PR application? I also applied last week for urgent PR renewal but didn't heared any thing back from IRCC yet, NO AOR, NO status uptade yet.

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
Hi did you received any AOR in email for your PR application? I also applied last week for urgent PR renewal but didn't heared any thing back from IRCC yet, NO AOR, NO status uptade yet.
I did receive an email that my application was received but after that, I relied on checking my online application status, in fact they processed my application and new cards were dispatched within 3 days of receiving the application so I hardly checked it once before I saw my dispatch status which was a little bit surprising for me

carl321

Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How many months before expiry we can apply for pr card renewal?
9 months..

I applied for my citizenship in June 2019 still waiting for the test invite however due to covid no one knows when that will happen so I applied for my PR card renewal in 2020 July and last week I got the AOR for my pr card renewal.. just an email saying they got my application.. I’m guessing there is a massive backlog delay for everything

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
9 months..

I applied for my citizenship in June 2019 still waiting for the test invite however due to covid no one knows when that will happen so I applied for my PR card renewal in 2020 July and last week I got the AOR for my pr card renewal.. just an email saying they got my application.. I’m guessing there is a massive backlog delay for everything
Your timeline is pretty close to mine. Applied for citizenship July 2019 and my test was for March 24th and got canceled. Sent in my pr card renew in July 2020 and got the AOR for it on Oct. 7th. About 3 days ago, my status on it was updated and it says decision made. Hopefully, my card is in the mail.

Last edited:
Reactions: carl321

an_mah

Star Member
Apr 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with App (except PCC)
Nomination.....
26-09-2014
Med's Request
10-11-2014
Med's Done....
25-11-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-02-2015
LANDED..........
02-05-2015
Hello Everyone,
We applied for citizenship in Oct 2019, were asked for and submitted fingerprints in Feb 2020 and have waiting since then. Our PR cards expired in May 2020 and given that citizenship is quite sometime away, we are submitting application to renew them. I do have a question though.
I am not sure if I need to submit school records for my 9 yr old. The guidance on the website is as below and there is an or before the last item.
  • if you have a legal guardian, submit legal documentation issued by a Canadian court which proves guardianship; or
  • a photocopy of your school records (report cards, transcripts, attendance records).

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
Hello Everyone,
We applied for citizenship in Oct 2019, were asked for and submitted fingerprints in Feb 2020 and have waiting since then. Our PR cards expired in May 2020 and given that citizenship is quite sometime away, we are submitting application to renew them. I do have a question though.
I am not sure if I need to submit school records for my 9 yr old. The guidance on the website is as below and there is an or before the last item.
  • if you have a legal guardian, submit legal documentation issued by a Canadian court which proves guardianship; or
  • a photocopy of your school records (report cards, transcripts, attendance records).

an_mah

Star Member
Apr 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with App (except PCC)
Nomination.....
26-09-2014
Med's Request
10-11-2014
Med's Done....
25-11-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-02-2015
LANDED..........
02-05-2015
I recently applied for my kids, and included the school reports. Good luck!
Thanks. I think I will also play it safe and include the school records anyway.

popek90

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
Update on my urgent process:
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 21, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 21, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on October 21, 2020.
Status shows - Decision Made.

I hope it means that they will send it soon.

masood8

Oct 3, 2013
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-01-2011
Doc's Request.
20-03-2011
IELTS Request
Along File
Med's Request
05-11-2013
Med's Done....
10-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 05-10-2014 & PPR2 17-11-2014 (Submitted: 18-02-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2015
LANDED..........
29-June-2015
Hello Everyone,