+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Renewal Decision made to closer processing time

laburashed

Mar 14, 2023
Hello, I applied for my PR renewal on 16th October 2022. My application status changed to decision made sometime in December 2022. I haven't received any mail or further information on my PR card since then. The total time passed since decision made exceeded the processing time that are stated online and that I read in most of the forums. Any idea if the processing time can be that long? Does that give any indication if my PR renewal is accepted or rejected? And finally is there any way I can get more info about the real status? I currently live out of Canada.
Thanks

Confused in Toronto

Star Member
Jul 16, 2010
Hello, I applied for my PR renewal on 16th October 2022. My application status changed to decision made sometime in December 2022. I haven't received any mail or further information on my PR card since then. The total time passed since decision made exceeded the processing time that are stated online and that I read in most of the forums. Any idea if the processing time can be that long? Does that give any indication if my PR renewal is accepted or rejected? And finally is there any way I can get more info about the real status? I currently live out of Canada.
Thanks
Did you meet your residency obligations in terms of days? I would probably try to call them to see what the status is.

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks
Posted processing times are just estimates.

marygbrasil

Star Member
Mar 1, 2023
Processing times are just estimates and change frequently from what I know. But if they dispatched your card already and it's been over 6 weeks, you can always call and check if there’s some sort of issue with them mailing it. I had this issue and called them but I think that only works if you're situated in Canada. Good luck :)

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks
Were you in Canada when you applied to renew your PR card? If you were NOT...that could explain why it's taking so long and may not be a positive decision.

If you did apply from Canada and have since left (hoping to have your PR Card couriered to you from someone in Canada)...no idea why you haven't heard anything.

You can only apply for a renewed PR Card from within Canada.