Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-04-2013, arrived in Canada 13-05-2013
LANDED..........
31-05-2013
Just wondering if anyone has any miraculous tips as to what we should do.
We know that my husband's PR card was mailed on December 12. It still hasn't arrived and we're starting to panic as we're going to Australia soon. I've sent a web form inquiry, but they won't look into it until the 23rd, which, as they point out would not be enough time for them to issue another one before we leave. I sat on hold to speak to someone who told me the same thing and that we'll have to find a visa office in Australia as soon as we get there and HOPE they can process a travel document in time before we return. Of course this isn't free and we'll have to bring new photos and tax assessments etc.
I am absolutely furious that they just willy nilly send these cards through the general mail. Since we now have "super boxes" we get so much incorrect mail in our box. With this card being so important shouldn't it be sent registered or to a federal building where you should show ID to get it?
My best friend is a permanent resident in Australia. Her permanent residency is attached to her passport electronically. A couple of punches on the keyboard, payment with credit card and 2 minutes later she gets an email that her PR is now valid again. Why is Canada so far behind?
Sorry for the rant, I just needed to get that out.