+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Renewal - card expires September. Not going to be back for at least a year.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
worriedanxious007 said:
Final question!!!! Do CIC know the exact date I left Canada a year ago? I'm not into deception but if I returned to file I'd only have a stamp to show my entry back in to Canada, could I say I left at a, later date or will they find this out?
Best wishes, thanks again
It's best not to lie. You don't know what they know. They may not have instant access to any records disproving what you say but when you apply, if you fill out wrong dates on your application form and if they decide to double check your dates and seek info supporting your info and find out you are lying, you will have a problem.

worriedanxious007

Star Member
Jul 30, 2013
I agree, think ill return September and do things the honest way, I worked out I spent 1200+ days in Canada in past five years so hopefully they will not turn me down. I've spent weeks looking for an imm1000 document, and just found by chance the imm 5292!!! I didn't realize I had that one!! Is that enough to not need a VOS?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Imm 5292 replaced Imm 1000 as far as I know so if you have that, you do not need a VOS.

worriedanxious007

Star Member
Jul 30, 2013
Hello again Leon!! Final question! I mean it now!! I spoke to an accountant and they will help me file for some of the missing years taxes.
he will send the NOA s to my friend and residence in Canada. If I send my application complete with evidence of over 1300 days presence in Canada, can she send it in to file for me?
Also, when I state my days present in Canada and be outside of Canada how will I write that? Because it says on the website that one must be present in Canada upon application.
Many thanks in advance,
Carrie :)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Immigration says:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/enf/enf27-eng.pdf - page 13 said:
R56(2) states clearly that a PR card application must be made in Canada. Furthermore, the card must be delivered in person to each applicant, pursuant to R58(3), and be picked up within 180 days of the person receiving notification that it is ready for collection. This enhances the integrity of the application process, allowing the local office to contact the client to review documentation and assess residency issues in person. However, it is recognized that the Regulations do not specify physical presence in Canada for purposes of filing a PR card application. Applications cannot be refused solely on the basis of evidence that the applicant was not in Canada when the application was filed. However, applicants are expected to provide an address in Canada where they may be contacted to provide additional information or to present themselves in person for the purposes of reviewing either identification or eligibility for the PR card. The CPC may refer a case to a local CIC if all or part of the application originated from outside Canada, and if there are questions as to the client’s identity, status or residency history, or the authenticity of the documentation. Clients must report in person to pick up their card in Canada, in accordance with R58(3).

worriedanxious007

Star Member
Jul 30, 2013
Hi Leon, so it looks like I will not make it back to Canada before the card expires. Will I still be able to get into Canada in a few months without a valid PR Card (although still meeting residency requirements), or will I be grilled?
Best wishes,

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
worriedanxious007 said:
Hi Leon, so it looks like I will not make it back to Canada before the card expires. Will I still be able to get into Canada in a few months without a valid PR Card (although still meeting residency requirements), or will I be grilled?
Best wishes,
Like I said before, you can use your British passport to return to Canada. Once in Canada, show your PR card (unexpired or expired) to the immigration.

worriedanxious007

Star Member
Jul 30, 2013
Hi Steaky wouldn't I have to book a return ticket to enter then/ because with unexpired pr card the British side won't let someone board a plane i don't think. Than k you for your help!!

worriedanxious007

Star Member
Jul 30, 2013
Hello everyone AGAIN!! I spoke to an accountant to file a couple of tax years now as you know I didn't file through the past five years which I aim to put right as and when I have enough money, so for now I just filed for 2009 and 2012. The accountant says the 2012 one will come back quickly but the 2009 one will take 6-8 weeks. I need to submit my PR renewal application this next couple of weeks when I arrive back in Canada. I have a written letter from my ballet school where I took evening classes for three years will this count as important supplementary evidence of my stay in Canada? And can I just submit one tax NOA or will I be denied based on not submitting two?
So far I have gathered the following pieces of supplementary evidence:

-Doctors appointments printout from Doctor/hospital (various appointments between 2008 and 2012).
-Letter from ballet school (three years of evening classes)
-Bank statements from 2008-2012 showing activity, MUCH shopping activity haha.
-Work reference letter for the six months in one job I was at.
- One NOA from tax filing

Will this be enough do you think? I have managed to get the money together to be in Canada soon to file whilst there, I want to do this right.

Best wishes,

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
worriedanxious007 said:
Hi Steaky wouldn't I have to book a return ticket to enter then/ because with unexpired pr card the British side won't let someone board a plane i don't think. Than k you for your help!!
I think they will let you board the plane. Confirm with the airlines.

As for submitting the evidence you have now, they might send you a letter to request more information (such as the NOA for the other years) from you.

worriedanxious007

Star Member
Jul 30, 2013
How many years more will the ask for for NOAs do you think? Because I didn't work much some of the years so it proves nothing really!! Sorry to say.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It said in the instruction guide that include other Income Tax assessments issued by Canada Revenue Agency within the past five (5) years --- that is 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009 and 2008.

worriedanxious007

Star Member
Jul 30, 2013
Is this for Ontario applicants also? I know it is for BC but I was told by other members that only two NOAs were necessary for renewal, as it must be proven that I have spent two years out of the last five in Canada.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This instruction guide is for all permanent residents of Canada.