+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Renewal - Appointing Representative (E-mail Correspondance Query)

Tjam3

Feb 10, 2013
Hi,

On the PR form I have provided my e-mail address, which states that if you provide an e-mail address, all correspondence will be sent to my e-mail address, which is what I want.

My question is that if I assign a representative, will ONLY the representative now instead receive all correspondence related to my application, instead of myself?

Also, will the representative get notice for pick-up of PR Card? And will they be solely allowed to collect the PR Card without me being there?

Thank you

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. Rep will receive the emails.
2. Last I checked Operational Bulletins require applicants in your shoes (using 3rd party reps) to collect their PR Card in person. This so CIC can check the veracity of declared absences by seeing your passport stamps.

Tjam3

Feb 10, 2013
thanks - sorry i should of added - my representative is not a 3rd party agency, it's a family member. does this make a difference? can my family cousin pick up the PR card for me? or have the PR card mailed to my address?

will CIC ever just mail your PR card to your residential address or will they always ask you to visit a office and pick it up in person?

thanks and sorry for all the q's!!