+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Renewal Application

stella_02

Jun 12, 2023
Hello,
I submitted my pr card renewal application online, through the pr portal in February, but a month later I received an email saying my application was returned. When I checked the portal, it said that it was incomplete, but did not say what was missing. I resubmitted my application on March 15, but have not heard back since. I have recently linked my application to GCkey, and it says my application was received on May 12! I am really worried right now because the processing time is currently 93 days, and I am planning on going on vacation in July. I was wondering if the date received and the date submitted is supposed to be different for everyone because when I checked on the IRCC website, it says processing times start the day they receive it, which for online applications, is the day you submit your application.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Try sending a web form.

You can return to Canada via the U.S. without a valid PR Card, but only if entering at a land PoE in a personal vehicle. The true requirement for a valid PR Card to return to Canada is solely a requirement of a commercial carrier, unless the PR happens to hold a valid U.S. passport.

There HAVE been a couple of PRs that were able to apply for a PRTD while still in Canada and were successful in receiving it when in their destination country:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/prtd-application-submitted-in-canada-success-story.794260/

Reactions: stella_02