+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Renewal Application

nptfdo

May 23, 2010
I am trying to find the application form for PR renewal on cic.gc.ca. But so far, I've been able to find the application form for fresh PR only. Can anyone please guide me on where to look? Thank you!

nptfdo

May 23, 2010
Thank you!
Looks like the above link refers to the renewal of PR card only. Is that enough or do I need to renew the permanent residence itself first and then apply for the PR card?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you!
Looks like the above link refers to the renewal of PR card only. Is that enough or do I need to renew the permanent residence itself first and then apply for the PR card?
You don't lose you PR status. You are compliant with you RO or you're not. PR card is really a travel document which you actually don't need to renew if you don't plan on leaving Canada. I would recommend renewing your card if you do meet your RO.

nptfdo

May 23, 2010
Thank you!

I do meet the residency days criteria for the renewal of PR card. But I am currently living outside Canada. Can I still apply for PR card renewal?

As per the link - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5445-applying-permanent-resident-card-card-first-application-replacement-renewal-change-sex-designation.html - I see that one of the requirements for renewal is that I should be physically present in Canada. I was not aware of this. If I've already completed by RO, then is it ok if I am not in Canada for PR renewal?