+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR renewal application problems with PDF?

Confused in Toronto

Star Member
Jul 16, 2010
Hi all,
I am back again to renew my PR, and I am already running into problems :(
When I try to open the PDF, I get a message saying "this document enabled extended features in Adobe Acrobat Reader. This document has been changed since it was created and use of extended features is no longer available. Please contact the author of the original version of this document". Basically, this renders the document useless, as I cannot add any information in the boxes.
- Has anyone else had this problem? Found a workaround?
- Am I right in thinking that I no longer have the option of simply printing out the document, filling it in my hand and sending it in the snail mail only ?

Really appreciate any insights. Only step 1 and I am already struggling...wish they'd make it easier.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
What pdf are you referring to?

I don't know specifics but from the sound of the message you got from the computer, you may have an older version of the file or just need to download it again. A bit of a guess though.

emillioe53

Nov 21, 2023
Hi all,
I am back again to renew my PR, and I am already running into problems :(
When I try to open the PDF, I get a message saying "this document enabled extended features in Adobe Acrobat Reader. This document has been changed since it was created and use of extended features is no longer available. Please contact the author of the original version of this document". Basically, this renders the document useless, as I cannot add any information in the boxes.
- Has anyone else had this problem? Found a workaround?
- Am I right in thinking that I no longer have the option of simply printing out the document, filling it in my hand and sending it in the snail mail only ?

Really appreciate any insights. Only step 1 and I am already struggling...wish they'd make it easier.

While I haven't encountered this exact issue myself, I've found that using alternative PDF editing tools can sometimes offer a workaround. One option you might consider is https://pdfguru.com/delete-pdf-pages, which offers various PDF manipulation features. It could be worth a try to see if it helps resolve the problem you're facing with your document.
I can totally relate to your frustration! Dealing with PDF compatibility issues can be such a headache, especially when it comes to crucial documents like PR renewals. It seems like Adobe Acrobat's extended features might be causing some trouble here.