+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR renewal application pending for over a year

KRM67

Dec 15, 2015
Hi, I was granted permanent resident status in 2010 and finally came to settle in late 2012, I applied for renewal or PR Card in April 2015 and new card was issued in 2016. In march 2015 my mother had a stroke while in Canada on super visa and after few weeks in hospital I took her back to India for rehabilitation and recovery. Since she was fully paralyzed on the right side and also lost her speech, it was necessary that someone stay with her all the time. I stayed with her until she passed away in May 2020. I had a few visits to Canada for various durations during the intervening period. I came back to Canada in July 2021, once fully vaccinated individuals were allowed to enter back into the country. My wife and children continuously stayed in Canada and became Canadian citizens in 2017.

I applied for PR renewal in October 2021 and since then waiting for the renewal. My RO was not complete so I had applied for H&C consideration. I had about 19months RO fulfilled instead of 24month and it included about 11months my wife spent with me. It has been showing me "Decision Made" on the online tool for more than 2 months but I have not received any communication from CIC. If I login to my account, it still shows me as application is in process. I have been continuously staying in Canada since July 2021 and if I include the period my wife stayed with me now I have RO fulfilled.

Can I send in another application while the first one is in process? Do I need to withdraw my first application in order to do so? What other options do I have?

Thanks,
KM

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I was granted permanent resident status in 2010 and finally came to settle in late 2012, I applied for renewal or PR Card in April 2015 and new card was issued in 2016. In march 2015 my mother had a stroke while in Canada on super visa and after few weeks in hospital I took her back to India for rehabilitation and recovery. Since she was fully paralyzed on the right side and also lost her speech, it was necessary that someone stay with her all the time. I stayed with her until she passed away in May 2020. I had a few visits to Canada for various durations during the intervening period. I came back to Canada in July 2021, once fully vaccinated individuals were allowed to enter back into the country. My wife and children continuously stayed in Canada and became Canadian citizens in 2017.

I applied for PR renewal in October 2021 and since then waiting for the renewal. My RO was not complete so I had applied for H&C consideration. I had about 19months RO fulfilled instead of 24month and it included about 11months my wife spent with me. It has been showing me "Decision Made" on the online tool for more than 2 months but I have not received any communication from CIC. If I login to my account, it still shows me as application is in process. I have been continuously staying in Canada since July 2021 and if I include the period my wife stayed with me now I have RO fulfilled.

Can I send in another application while the first one is in process? Do I need to withdraw my first application in order to do so? What other options do I have?

Thanks,
KM
My condolences on the passing of your beloved mother.

Have you retained, or at least consulted with, a lawyer as you mentioned in your 27 July 2021 post?

Since you could have returned to Canada at any time after your mother's passing during the Pandemic (even when the border was closed to foreign nationals, because you are a PR and could not have been denied), this will not be helpful if your application has been denied. Hopefully, it is a positive decision but unfortunately you're now at the mercy of the `waiting' game to find out.

KRM67

Dec 15, 2015

Thanks,
KM
My condolences on the passing of your beloved mother.

Have you retained, or at least consulted with, a lawyer as you mentioned in your 27 July 2021 post?

Since you could have returned to Canada at any time after your mother's passing during the Pandemic (even when the border was closed to foreign nationals, because you are a PR and could not have been denied), this will not be helpful if your application has been denied. Hopefully, it is a positive decision but unfortunately you're now at the mercy of the `waiting' game to find out.
Thanks for the condolences. I did consult a lawyer but did not use their services for filing my application.

Update
I had reached out to the MPP of my constituency and his case officer after follow ups with the CIC during the past 6-8 weeks recently informed me that my application was approved and the file is transferred to the Etobicoke office for processing and since Etobicoke office is backed up on PR applications, it will take a while before they contact me for an appointment to pickup new PR Card.

Thanks,
KM

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the condolences. I did consult a lawyer but did not use their services for filing my application.

Update
I had reached out to the MPP of my constituency and his case officer after follow ups with the CIC during the past 6-8 weeks recently informed me that my application was approved and the file is transferred to the Etobicoke office for processing and since Etobicoke office is backed up on PR applications, it will take a while before they contact me for an appointment to pickup new PR Card.

Thanks,
KM
Congrats!