+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR renewal and citizenship test date

Maha Amer

Sep 15, 2018
Hi guys
I have put up my PR renewal n it's been almost over 2 months now
In the meantime I have also applied for my citizenship and my written test call is by the end of this month
Unfortunately my dad is severely ill and I do plan go fly out to see him before I get to write my test
Not sure if my PR would come sooner as my worry is they might not send my PR assuming that I will be taking my citizenship soon
Any precedent where they do not renew the PR because the cituzenship

thesonicbro

Jul 24, 2016
Hi guys
I have put up my PR renewal n it's been almost over 2 months now
In the meantime I have also applied for my citizenship and my written test call is by the end of this month
Unfortunately my dad is severely ill and I do plan go fly out to see him before I get to write my test
Not sure if my PR would come sooner as my worry is they might not send my PR assuming that I will be taking my citizenship soon
Any precedent where they do not renew the PR because the cituzenship
Your best bet is to send a case specific inquiry that might expedite the process.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Exorcist

Star Member
Feb 6, 2018
Hi guys,
I arrived in Canada on July 7, 2018 and I do not get my PR card yet. Can anyone tell me what do i do now?
I have my COPR with me and when I landed, immigration officer said it takes 6-8 weeks to get the PR card but now unfortunately its my 10th week in Toronto, Canada.
Thank you