+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR renewal - Address history and travel history

RosinaRoxx

Dec 29, 2019
Hi Everyone,

Kindly, I need some help regarding the PR Renewal form.

We are a family of 4, did the landing in Canada August 2015 (this is when we became Permanent resident), stayed for 10 days and left back to Dubai, UAE for almost 2 years. In these 2 years, we didn't had the health insurance activated, neither we had the child benefits activated too. We used our friend address to receive the PR, I think this is the case for almost every new immigrants. We have declared these 2 years as living abroad when we came back to 2017.

In July 2017, we came back to Canada for good, proper jobs, tax payers,.....and since then we haven't left Canada.

Questions -
1-In PR renewal form - they are asking for the all the addresses we stayed last 5 years - obviously our legal address was Dubai when we landed in 2015 (this was declared later when we came back in 2017), should we mention our friend address? as it was the address we used to receive the PR cards.
2-While living in Dubai 2015-2017 - we made many business and vacation trips from Dubai to Europe (short-stay) - do we need to list every trip? or we can just mention Dubai 2015-2017 on the form.

Thank you

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
  1. Use your actual address where you lived. It’s misrepresentation if you don’t. Don’t go down that road...it’s bad news. As long as you meet the 730 days, you should be fine regardless of alternate addresses.
  2. Vacations don’t count as permanent addresses.

RR_11

Apr 13, 2020
Hi,

I have few questions regarding renewal of my PR which will be expiring next month. I have really long travel history and I was out 1083 days in last 5 years (Making 742Days inside Canada). After short landing I went back and came back after 2 & half years. During that period I was working in UAE but travelled a lot to Pakistan (May be 20 times), then USA, Europe, middle east making total trips over 50. Now I don't remember the exact dates of travel specially relating to Pakistan visits. Now do I need to put all those addresses where I lived in this period? Indeed I really don't remember those?
Secondly even though I meeting residence obligation shall I apply straight forward now or wait for one more month to decrease Absence days (Or increase present days in Canada).

Thanks..
Hello,

I have a very similar situation and I am hoping you can help given your experience.
I also returned to my home country soon after landing and stayed there for two years. During this time in my home country I had to travel on short business trips. Do I have to indicate all these trips on the travel history question in the PR renewal form or since I was departing from and returning to my home country, I should aggregate this period all as one and indicate my home country as the location during absence?

Also did you end us listing each of the temporary addresses under the address history question?

Thank you and I really appreciate your help.

RR_11

Apr 13, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I am hoping someone can help me with the above inquiry as I am not really sure how to answer this question.

Thank you so much

Vigilant

Champion Member
Nov 15, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
June-2010
Doc's Request.
Oct-2013
File Transfer...
June-2013
Med's Request
Jan-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May-2014
LANDED..........
June-2014
Hello,

I have a very similar situation and I am hoping you can help given your experience.
I also returned to my home country soon after landing and stayed there for two years. During this time in my home country I had to travel on short business trips. Do I have to indicate all these trips on the travel history question in the PR renewal form or since I was departing from and returning to my home country, I should aggregate this period all as one and indicate my home country as the location during absence?

Also did you end us listing each of the temporary addresses under the address history question?

Thank you and I really appreciate your help.
Hi Sorry for the late reply as currently I am not very active on the forum. In my case while answering question 21, I excluded first two year as whole when I was away from Canada and considered it one absence only. Moreover I attached a page as Additional Information where I mentioned the countries visited during those 2 years with dates & purpose. This worked well for me. You may opt the same practice.

Thanks..

RR_11

Apr 13, 2020
Hi Sorry for the late reply as currently I am not very active on the forum. In my case while answering question 21, I excluded first two year as whole when I was away from Canada and considered it one absence only. Moreover I attached a page as Additional Information where I mentioned the countries visited during those 2 years with dates & purpose. This worked well for me. You may opt the same practice.

Thanks..
Thank you so much for your response. So this means I should indicate the first two years as one period of absence on the form and mention my home country as 'location during absence' and then include an additional information page where I indicate the countries I visited during this period?
What was the format you used for the additional info page?

Also did you list all the temporary addresses in the address history question?

Thanks alot.

Vigilant

Champion Member
Nov 15, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
June-2010
Doc's Request.
Oct-2013
File Transfer...
June-2013
Med's Request
Jan-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May-2014
LANDED..........
June-2014
Hi,

Yes that's what I did in my application. I used the same template as it was there for question 21 (Except addresses during those trips as I didn't mention any addresses). As per information guide no need to provide temporary addresses in the application.

Thanks

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
Hi,

Yes that's what I did in my application. I used the same template as it was there for question 21 (Except addresses during those trips as I didn't mention any addresses). As per information guide no need to provide temporary addresses in the application.

Thanks
Hello , Can you confirm if passport photos still being taken during this covid19 situation or you attached some old photos ?

Vigilant

Champion Member
Nov 15, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
June-2010
Doc's Request.
Oct-2013
File Transfer...
June-2013
Med's Request
Jan-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May-2014
LANDED..........
June-2014
Hello , Can you confirm if passport photos still being taken during this covid19 situation or you attached some old photos ?
Hi,
I believe this is wrong place to ask this question. Please post you question at citizenship thread.
Thanks..

zenmemon

Aug 29, 2012
Hi,

Thanks
Hi @Vigilant ,

Good information shared by you here. I am proceeding for my PR renewal within next couple of days. One question what to do with Number of days for those sub/short trips which initiated from our that time home country (in my case Saudi Arabia), once away from Canada for employment reasons as mentioned for Question 21 with aggregated number of days.

Vigilant

Champion Member
Nov 15, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
June-2010
Doc's Request.
Oct-2013
File Transfer...
June-2013
Med's Request
Jan-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May-2014
LANDED..........
June-2014
Hi @Vigilant ,

Good information shared by you here. I am proceeding for my PR renewal within next couple of days. One question what to do with Number of days for those sub/short trips which initiated from our that time home country (in my case Saudi Arabia), once away from Canada for employment reasons as mentioned for Question 21 with aggregated number of days.
Hi,

Once you are away from Canada those days are considered as absence. Now if in those day you have travelled to some other countries (From Saudi Arabia) then just disclose those in additional information (Attach a note). Thats what I did as I was working in UAE and from there I travelled to KSA, Europe, & USA. I just disclosed those trips as a note .

Hope this will help you.

Thanks

Reactions: zenmemon

uvsrsk

Star Member
Jan 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-08-2015
Passport Req..
15-01-2016
Hi, my wife and kid who are Permanent Residents of Canada have been out of country for 2 years 1 month (they lived in India) when my younger daughter was born there and the PR sponsorship application which I submitted was in progress. Now while filling the PR Renewal application for them, should I mention their stay in India under address history or just in travel history.

While my wife was in India, I have filed taxes for my wife (even though it was 0 dollar amount - she was a homemaker) along with me with the current Canadian address as she is a PR. My tax consultant said that was fine as she is still a PR. So confused about the address part in the application.

Kindly advise.

OMARLOURA

Jul 28, 2023
please advice : The + or addition of .1 Address History (Inside and Outside Canada) can not be added as the + does not work , what should I do to add the address history. should I put them separate paper to add address history?

af56939

Jul 20, 2018
Hi team,

I am a cross border worker and travel to US daily . My travel history will be very long if i mention each day I was out of Canada .

What do i mention in the dates for Travel history ?. Please advise . My PR card will expire soon and need to submit application for renewal.