+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Renewal - 10 months still waiting

sirfanmkm

Jul 31, 2017
Friends, I submitted my PR card renewal last July, and it's still pending approval. According to the GCMS notes, my application was sent for program review, and it seems it might take even years to get approved when it's sent for program review. I've tried reaching out to them for updates, even through my local MP's office, but no luck. The reason it was sent for program review, as per the notes, is because I only just met the PR obligation while submitting the application. I am tired of waiting for an approval and cant even make any travel plans outside Canada. Now, I have an excess of 9 months for the PR obligation. Can I submit another PR card renewal application? What would happen in this case?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Friends, I submitted my PR card renewal last July, and it's still pending approval. According to the GCMS notes, my application was sent for program review, and it seems it might take even years to get approved when it's sent for program review. I've tried reaching out to them for updates, even through my local MP's office, but no luck. The reason it was sent for program review, as per the notes, is because I only just met the PR obligation while submitting the application. I am tired of waiting for an approval and cant even make any travel plans outside Canada. Now, I have an excess of 9 months for the PR obligation. Can I submit another PR card renewal application? What would happen in this case?
You would need to successfully withdraw your first application before you can submit a second one. I don't know if IRCC will allow you to withdraw. You can apply for a PRTD of you wish to travel outside of Canada.