+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR renew Proof of residency requirements: if you were outside Canada for 1095 days or more

Mannu_Sharma

Oct 25, 2017
I Got my pr card in 2005 and it expired in 2010 i was in india at that time, time passed as i was studying there. in 2018 in January I applied For Travel document And I got One I came to canada With travel document wich expired On 6th april. I Filled a Form to Renew My PR But the documnt checklist need Proof of residency( requirements: if you were outside Canada for 1095 days or more in the past five (5) years.) What should i Include with the Form?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
So a stupid question but how did you answer questions 14/15 about employment or study and time spent in Canada in the previous 5 years in the PRTD application form given seems you failed the Residency obligation based on your dates posted by quite some time ?

Most people on here who have failed residency obligation and have been lucky enough to get back into the country are generally advised to keep a low profile for at least 2 years. So that means no applying for a new PR card and little if any interaction with immigration until they have met the RO again.

The moment anyone who has failed the RO interacts with immigration there is always the chance the revoke process could be started.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mannu_Sharma

Mannu_Sharma

Oct 25, 2017
If I Should Not Apply For the PR CARD. Am I stuck here for 2 years until I get My Pr Card?. If there Is an Emergency Due to Family Problems How will I Return. What will be my Options then??

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If I Should Not Apply For the PR CARD. Am I stuck here for 2 years until I get My Pr Card?. If there Is an Emergency Due to Family Problems How will I Return. What will be my Options then??
It is simple.
You will just choose between staying in Canada and keeping your PR (in order to meet RO obligation).
Or to return home and being of high risk to be reported.

Sorry buddy, you have chosen to stay outside of Canada for years and these are the consequences.

good luck

cpatolia

Oct 23, 2018
I Got my pr card in 2005 and it expired in 2010 i was in india at that time, time passed as i was studying there. in 2018 in January I applied For Travel document And I got One I came to canada With travel document wich expired On 6th april. I Filled a Form to Renew My PR But the documnt checklist need Proof of residency( requirements: if you were outside Canada for 1095 days or more in the past five (5) years.) What should i Include with the Form?
HI Mannu,
If you get this message, please respond how your case went. or message at cpatolia@gmail.com
Same boat.

Thanks,

Sony6279

Jul 10, 2022
proof of residency requirements if you were outside Canada for 1095 days or more in the past 5 years. anyone what this means.

vjdua

Star Member
Sep 28, 2013
proof of residency requirements if you were outside canada for 1095 days or more in the past 5 years. anyone known what this means
There is requirement for staying 730 days in five years to maintain your PR status. If the one has lived 730 days or more than there should not be any problem as long as sufficient proofs like employment record, activities record doing any social activity working as volunteer for some organisation are there. If a person was out of Canada for more than 1095 days (more than three years out of five years), sufficient reaosns for long absence from Canada are required to be given acceptable to authorities.