+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pr Renew Case

Sam1212345

Jan 17, 2017
Hi,
My PR Card Expired , I entered before the expiration with 1 month, now I stayed 2 years after the expiration .
1- is this is enough to renew the PR card ?
2- the 730 days to renew the pr : is it in the first 5 years ? or last 5 years ? please attach any formal reference .
2- the condition for residency "183 days" in each year, applied also for the PR or only for citizenship ?

Thanks a lot

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Others can comment/correct but
1)provided you have not left the country in the last 2 years then should be fine although many people would suggest having a buffer of days and not exactly a 2 years period.

2)the 730 is in the last 5 years so is a 'rolling' 5 year period.

See here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/about-pr.asp and also here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5445ETOC.asp#appendixA

3)the 183 day requirement is towards citizenship not PR residency http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/become-eligibility.asp#time

Kamal k

Feb 18, 2017
Please i want to asked u
did u face any problems during landing in canada since you were having only one month in yr PR expiration
Thx

Feb 10, 2017
Hello, I want to ask you. If your PR card was expired. Was it possible to find a job? How does it work, because if the employer will look at the PR card and it is expired. Or another question, is this possible to rent a new appartment if the PR card is expired?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
valentina190882 said:
Hello, I want to ask you. If your PR card was expired. Was it possible to find a job? How does it work, because if the employer will look at the PR card and it is expired. Or another question, is this possible to rent a new appartment if the PR card is expired?
a PR card is not required for getting hired or renting an apartment. PR status and a SIN# is required for working in canada. generally, money and good credit is what is needed to rent an apartment. a landlord is not going to ask your immigration status. they are more concerned with if you will pay the rent. students, visitors and temp workers successfully rent apartments across canada without issue.

having an expired PR card does not mean your pr status is expired. it just means your pr card is expired, and you need to apply for a new one and prove you met the residency requirements for maintaining PR status. You are always a PR until you revoke it or it's revoked for you by immigration. that takes time to do, and you would know if it was being done.

Biplab Barua

Jun 8, 2016
Pls share me how can u re enter with only one month remain to expire the card. CBSA allowed u enter without telling anything? Or u had taken professional advise from immegrant layers? pls share your experince as I m also facing same situation.