+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR related questions- marital status change after landing

Preeti24

Aug 28, 2017
Hello all, I have received my PR(along with my spouse) for Canada and it's valid till Oct 2019.
I have few questions.
I am planning to land in March 2019.

I am married since last 7 years (no kid) and staying in US but now things are not going fine in our family. How early can I proceed for divorce after landing in Canada?? Are there any implications on my PR visa if my marital status changes within first few months of landing? Would request experts to please guide.

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Hello all, I have received my PR(along with my spouse) for Canada and it's valid till Oct 2019.
I have few questions.
I am planning to land in March 2019.

I am married since last 7 years (no kid) and staying in US but now things are not going fine in our family. How early can I proceed for divorce after landing in Canada?? Are there any implications on my PR visa if my marital status changes within first few months of landing? Would request experts to please guide.
Are you the main applicant or are you your spouse's dependent?

If the relationship has broken down and you are for sure divorcing, you need to inform IRCC. If you already know you will be divorcing but you don't report it to IRCC, it is fraud.

Preeti24

Aug 28, 2017
I am the primary applicant but my question is once we both land in Canada in March then how soon can we file for divorce so that it won't have any impact on our pr status.
We have not yet filed for divorce but heard that these type of cases have to dealt with care.
I don't want any kind of implication on my immigration process.
Request please guide.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I am the primary applicant but my question is once we both land in Canada in March then how soon can we file for divorce so that it won't have any impact on our pr status.
We have not yet filed for divorce but heard that these type of cases have to dealt with care.
Request please guide.
If you have already decided that the marriage is over, you need to inform IRCC and have your ex removed from the app. If you both land knowing that you are divorcing, you are committing fraud.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Request please guide.
It’s already been reiterated
It’s called Immigration Fraud