+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Refused

abhishek555

Jun 1, 2020
Hi .
I am grateful to this forum which helps us clarify many questions and provide advice for our doubts. My PR application is refused and here is the background.
I have joined express entry in 2019 may and received ITA followed by submission of documents. On March 11th 2020, I received Canada PR refusal letter and the letter stated as follows:
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) invited you to apply for permanent resident status based on the qualifications you claimed in your Express Entry profile. In your Express Entry profile you indicated:
 2015-09 to 2017-09 - EDI Programmer Analyst (NOC: 2174) - at XXXXX Software Services Inc
The submitted information with your application for permanent residence did not adequately demonstrate that, for the declared period of skilled work experience, you performed duties set out in the occupational description of NOC 2174. This includes the lead statement as well as a substantial number of the main duties of NOC 2174, per Ministerial Instructions 25(2)(b).
This change in your qualifications resulted in a loss of points that brought your rank below the lowest ranking person who was invited to apply in your round of invitation, under the Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System.

One of my employer have not mentioned the start date in the letter , hence letter could not demonstrate definite work time period. I tried contacting IRCC through web request form to request an opportunity ti submit corrected letter. But, after couple of attempts I got a reply stating I need to re enter express entry.

At this point, before creating my new express entry profile, I would like to make sure if I am understanding the refusal reason correctly to not repeat the mistake.
Does the refusal reason stated above indicates the issue with employment time period or with NOIC code? I mean was the refusal pointed to just work experience time period or job title and duties mismatch with NOIC?
It would be great if you could provide your insight on the refusal reason.
Thank you for your time and effort in advance.

V_s

Star Member
Jun 18, 2019
Hi .
I am grateful to this forum which helps us clarify many questions and provide advice for our doubts. My PR application is refused and here is the background.
I have joined express entry in 2019 may and received ITA followed by submission of documents. On March 11th 2020, I received Canada PR refusal letter and the letter stated as follows:
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) invited you to apply for permanent resident status based on the qualifications you claimed in your Express Entry profile. In your Express Entry profile you indicated:
 2015-09 to 2017-09 - EDI Programmer Analyst (NOC: 2174) - at XXXXX Software Services Inc
The submitted information with your application for permanent residence did not adequately demonstrate that, for the declared period of skilled work experience, you performed duties set out in the occupational description of NOC 2174. This includes the lead statement as well as a substantial number of the main duties of NOC 2174, per Ministerial Instructions 25(2)(b).
This change in your qualifications resulted in a loss of points that brought your rank below the lowest ranking person who was invited to apply in your round of invitation, under the Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System.

One of my employer have not mentioned the start date in the letter , hence letter could not demonstrate definite work time period. I tried contacting IRCC through web request form to request an opportunity ti submit corrected letter. But, after couple of attempts I got a reply stating I need to re enter express entry.

At this point, before creating my new express entry profile, I would like to make sure if I am understanding the refusal reason correctly to not repeat the mistake.
Does the refusal reason stated above indicates the issue with employment time period or with NOIC code? I mean was the refusal pointed to just work experience time period or job title and duties mismatch with NOIC?
Hey haven’t you called them ever to enquire about status pf your file ?

abhishek555

Jun 1, 2020
Hey haven’t you called them ever to enquire about status pf your file ?
I am not aware of right number to call them amid this COVID situation. I sent online inquiry but i did not receive response yet. I have tight deadline as my IELTS will expire in 45 days and I cant risk it to wait for their reply to my online inquiry. If you know the ph number to contact, please let me know

V_s

Star Member
Jun 18, 2019
I am not aware of right number to call them amid this COVID situation. I sent online inquiry but i did not receive response yet. I have tight deadline as my IELTS will expire in 45 days and I cant risk it to wait for their reply to my online inquiry. If you know the ph number to contact, please let me know
As your decision has already been made so i don’t think so calling them now would serve any purpose
But still if you want to call try this number 1-888-242-2100
If outside canada you can call them using textnow app or hangout or skype

suresh320

Star Member
Oct 28, 2012
Yes they do. And they haven't stated in the letter what they deem the match to be.
The officer clearly states that for your NOC code 6314 you duties does not match that NOC guidelines. So a review will be a waste of time. You need to check your JD and the guidelines of the NOC and make sure at least 70% is match. Also you can check other NOC and select the appriporate NOC fitting your JD. Remember a title does not matter much but it is important that the JD is close to the NOC guidelines.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011

The wording of the letter is very careful to be ambiguous - it is boiler-plate language to fit multiple situations. The missing start date is definitely a problem, but there is no way to know if the job duties are also a problem. If you want to post the job duties and responsibilities here, we can give you an opinion.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Hi .

Post the text of your job experience letter (remove your name and other personal info, just post the job duties, hours worked, and start and end dates)

abhishek555

Jun 1, 2020
Hi.. Initially I provided the offer letter and then later once the application was rejected, I have requested to reconsider with another letter which has job duties, Below are the letters. I submitted the offer letter for the first employment thinking they would consider about my recent employment which has all the roles and responsibilities as software developer

Initial letter

Dear XXXXX
Based on the interviews you had with us during the last 2 weeks, we are pleased to confirm you have been selected to work for TXXXXX Software Services Inc. We are delighted to make you the following job offer and trust it will meet with your approval.

The position we are offering is that of EDI Programmer Analyst at a salary/wage of $XXXX. This position reports to Technology Development Manager. You will be providing EDI development and support. And work at our facility at XXXXXX

This offer is conditional upon verifying your work authorization/visa approvals. We would like you to start work on September 9th, 2015 at 9:00 a.m. If this date is not acceptable, please contact me immediately.

Please sign the enclosed copy of this letter and return it to us to indicate your acceptance of this
offer. We are confident you will be able to make a significant contribution

The letter sent for reconsidering

This letter is to certify that Mr. xxxxxx was a full-time employee of XXXXXX from September 09th 2015 to September 09th 2017. His last designation at the time of leaving the company was EDI Programmer Analyst.
In his role, XXXXXXXX performed the following job duties for various projects:

 Participate in all phases of SDLC of an application development. Perform system integration validation and document unit test results to ensure thorough validation of the code.
 Apply system-analyst techniques and procedures, including consulting with users to determine hardware, software or systems functional specifications.
 Develop SOAP and RESTful web service which interfaces for consumers and providers,Implementing communication methods like FTP, SFTP, and AS2 for trading partners.
 Write SQL queries, functions, packages and triggers to generate reports and perform data validation.
 Perform GAP analysis, create technical specification and data mapping documents to ensure data quality and security.
 Promotes the development of programmers and programmer/analysts by helping in coding techniques and testing methods as appropriate and by participating in training programs.
 Assist in production support, troubleshoot existing application defects to identify errors and develop solutions.
 Provide on going maintenance of existing applications by following technical guidelines and procedures.
 Create process flows for both inbound and outbound transactions to integrate with B2B/EDI systems as well as other internal applications.
 Develops and maintains applications and databases by evaluating client needs; analyzing requirements; developing software systems.
 Documenting communication profiles of trading partners as well as test activities/results for newly developed applications as well as for modifications in current modules.

In his role, XXXXXX utilized the following technologies:
C, C++, Java, Shell Scripting, SQL, XSLT, Python, iWay, oracle, XML, web Services, HTML, SAP, ActiveX, Unix, Linux, Windows Server, EDI, IFL, SQL server, PL/SQL

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Hi.. Initially I provided the offer letter and then later once the application was rejected, I have requested to reconsider with another letter which has job duties, Below are the letters. I submitted the offer letter for the first employment thinking they would consider about my recent employment which has all the roles and responsibilities as software developer

Initial letter

Dear XXXXX
Based on the interviews you had with us during the last 2 weeks, we are pleased to confirm you have been selected to work for TXXXXX Software Services Inc. We are delighted to make you the following job offer and trust it will meet with your approval.

The position we are offering is that of EDI Programmer Analyst at a salary/wage of $XXXX. This position reports to Technology Development Manager. You will be providing EDI development and support. And work at our facility at XXXXXX

This offer is conditional upon verifying your work authorization/visa approvals. We would like you to start work on September 9th, 2015 at 9:00 a.m. If this date is not acceptable, please contact me immediately.

Please sign the enclosed copy of this letter and return it to us to indicate your acceptance of this

This letter is to certify that Mr. xxxxxx was a full-time employee of XXXXXX from September 09th 2015 to September 09th 2017. His last designation at the time of leaving the company was EDI Programmer Analyst.

 Participate in all phases of SDLC of an application development. Perform system integration validation and document unit test results to ensure thorough validation of the code.
 Apply system-analyst techniques and procedures, including consulting with users to determine hardware, software or systems functional specifications.
 Develop SOAP and RESTful web service which interfaces for consumers and providers,Implementing communication methods like FTP, SFTP, and AS2 for trading partners.
 Write SQL queries, functions, packages and triggers to generate reports and perform data validation.
 Perform GAP analysis, create technical specification and data mapping documents to ensure data quality and security.
 Promotes the development of programmers and programmer/analysts by helping in coding techniques and testing methods as appropriate and by participating in training programs.
 Assist in production support, troubleshoot existing application defects to identify errors and develop solutions.
 Provide on going maintenance of existing applications by following technical guidelines and procedures.
 Create process flows for both inbound and outbound transactions to integrate with B2B/EDI systems as well as other internal applications.
 Develops and maintains applications and databases by evaluating client needs; analyzing requirements; developing software systems.
 Documenting communication profiles of trading partners as well as test activities/results for newly developed applications as well as for modifications in current modules.

C, C++, Java, Shell Scripting, SQL, XSLT, Python, iWay, oracle, XML, web Services, HTML, SAP, ActiveX, Unix, Linux, Windows Server, EDI, IFL, SQL server, PL/SQL
Yeah, your first letter had no information about your job duties. Your second letter needs to include salary information, but the rest of it looks ok.

They aren't going to reconsider your application since it was correctly rejected. You're just going to have to reenter the pool and go through it again.

HARRY4465

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
hi everyone,

i applied for PR under FSWP, got refusal for proof of funds. Does that mean everything else is good including work experience, Language,and educational credentials??
Please reply

serdar61

Sep 23, 2020
hi

I need help please because every website said differently and I didn't find a clear explanation on CIC website.

I have 2 years experience NOC A (mechanical engineer) in the outside of Canada
I have 1.5 years of experience ( I still work) NOC B (Cook) inside of Canada.

Normally I am eligible for CEC because of my Canadian experience. However, when I count my point, is it possible to write inside of Canada experience1 year (NOC B ) and outside of Canada experience 2 years(NOC A ) in the same application?

thanks for your answer

Serdar

Habakhtiari

Star Member
Mar 23, 2020
hi everyone,

i applied for PR under FSWP, got refusal for proof of funds. Does that mean everything else is good including work experience, Language,and educational credentials??
Please reply

Can you tell us the details? What did the officer write in the refusal email regarding your funds?
Most probably the other things like your language and work experience were fine. Otherwise, they would have included that in the refusal letter

lostinquebec

Feb 8, 2019
Can you tell us the details? What did the officer write in the refusal email regarding your funds?
Most probably the other things like your language and work experience were fine. Otherwise, they would have included that in the refusal letter
No they wouldn´t have, proof of funds is one of the initial requirements and if it´s not met, they would reject it directly and wouldn´t bother further analyzing the application since they have thousands of more applications to work on.

lostinquebec

Feb 8, 2019
hi

I need help please because every website said differently and I didn't find a clear explanation on CIC website.

I have 2 years experience NOC A (mechanical engineer) in the outside of Canada
I have 1.5 years of experience ( I still work) NOC B (Cook) inside of Canada.

Normally I am eligible for CEC because of my Canadian experience. However, when I count my point, is it possible to write inside of Canada experience1 year (NOC B ) and outside of Canada experience 2 years(NOC A ) in the same application?

thanks for your answer

Serdar
Your canadian experience NOC and your foreign experience NOC don´t need to match, if that´s your question. You can sum both of them.

IramK

Oct 18, 2021

Initial letter

Dear XXXXX

did you get correct NOC code for the mentioned job duties. As i have the same role but confused on NOC code. Please help. @legalfalcon @lostinquebec @abhishek555