+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Refused

kizrana

May 28, 2019
Which skill level is NOC 6552?
I took over from a complaints manager. Unfortunately my title didn't change, just my responsibilities and salary. Salary was stated in the letter. Bu I guess that need to be more clear.
I could go back to the employer and request that he adds on that I was acting complaints manager, change the title to supervisor. State that I supervised an individual and I conducted interviews, then keep to the same code.
Do you think this would work?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
The 6314 NOC is for people who supervise customer service agents, but not people who do the work themselves. If you did customer service work yourself but watched over one other person, it's not clear you fell into 6314. In 6314, you'd set schedules, see what training was required, review work done by others, etc. Not just make sure that your coworker did the work that you were also doing.

kizrana

May 28, 2019
Is there a better suited NOC code that would apply which would still be in the required skill level?

EDIT- Better suited that would apply to my duties which are now more detailed

Last edited:

sethtammy

Star Member
May 16, 2019
Customer Service/Complaints Representative
Making follow up calls to new customers
Handling all customer complaints & escalating when necessary
Following protocol at all times for a regulated company
managing an electronic filing database for all complaints received
Developing documents for the use of various departments
Authorizing payments under goodwill
Ad-hoc duties to support operations manager

I applied Nov 9th 2018 & received the outcome May 27th 2019
----------------

I noticed that you had almost 6 months to get this result. Did you pass medical exam before this refusal?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Is there a better suited NOC code that would apply which would still be in the required skill level?
From what you've said, you were not an actual supervisor. The responsibilities in the letter are not supervisory. You were a customer service rep and that is not skilled. The refusal was correct.

kizrana

May 28, 2019
I can assure you that's not the case. As I said I was employed initially as a customer service rep. After 3 months I took over from the complaints manager but I didn't get the title but I got the salary increase. However it took a while to find a replacement for CS rep so I continued that role too.

When I mentioned that I would ask my employer to make amendments, these are accurate amendments just with more detail. This is not me falsifying anything. I realize I should have asked my employer to include as much detail as possible. Mistake learned.

Last edited:

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
It sounds like you're NOC shopping and have someone willing to sign a letter with whatever job description you say is necessary :(
Hi Khp,

My NoC Code is 2274 (Skill level B)and lead statement says
2274 Engineer officers, water transport
Engineer officers, water transport, operate and maintain main engines, machinery and auxiliary equipment aboard ships and other self-propelled vessels, and supervise and co-ordinate the activities of engine room crews. They are employed by marine transportation companies and federal government departments.

As supervisors are also included in the same unit group, do I need to mention this role in my job duties ?( This duty is also one of the main duties of my NOC)

The work experience I am claiming is also including my training period too and my supervisor has mentioned
“ Demonstrate Initiative and supervisory ability “

Although I was working under supervision as a trainee ,I observed and coordinated the activities of crew ,but only when asked to do so.

Will it be ok to count this training period ?

Also, during training period my wage was 700 USD and after that 2700 USD .

Rahul2602

Oct 20, 2019
Hi All,
Today I got refusal email, AOR 5 Sep 2019. Could you please help me with the further plan of action. Below is the email I have received:

RAHUL RAMESH SONARE
Email: rsonare26@gmail.com
Dear RAHUL RAMESH SONARE,
I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a member of
the Canadian Experience Class and have determined that you do not meet the requirements for
immigration to Canada.
Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer
for a visa or for any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document may be issued if,
following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets
the requirements of this Act.
In addition, according to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act:
11.2 An officer may not issue a visa or other document in respect of an application for permanent residence
to a foreign national who was issued an invitation under Division 0.1 to make such an application if – at
the time the invitation was issued or at the time the officer received their application – the foreign national
did not meet the criteria set out in an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(e) or does not have the
qualifications on the basis of which they were ranked under an instruction given under paragraph
10.3(1)(h) and were consequently issued the invitation.
Section 11.2 of the Act requires that information provided in your Express Entry Profile concerning your
eligibility to be invited to apply (10.3(1)(e)) as well as the qualifications on the basis of which you were
ranked (10.3(1)(h)) be valid both at the time the invitation was issued and at the time the application for
permanent residence is received.
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) invited you to apply for permanent resident status
based on the qualifications you claimed in your Express Entry profile. In your Express Entry profile you
declared arranged employment with TATA. After thorough review of all submitted documents, your
employer failed to demonstrate an offer of continuous permanent employment for at least one year after
permanent residence is granted, as defined under R82(1). Furthermore, you did not demonstrate that you
meet the arranged employment requirements as set out in section 29(2) (a) of the Ministerial Instructions.
Therefore, the job offer for arranged employment has also been rejected.
This change in your qualifications resulted in a loss of 50 points (from 467 to 417) that brought your rank
below the points required for invitation to apply, under the Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking
System.
This change in your qualifications resulted in a loss of points that brought your rank below the lowest
ranking person who was invited to apply in your round of invitation, under the Express Entry
Comprehensive Ranking System.

As I have found that you no longer possess the qualification on the basis of which you were ranked under
an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(h), you no longer meet the requirements of Section 11.2 of
Act.
Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the
Act and Regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.
You will receive a refund of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee that you have paid.
The decision communicated in this letter constitutes the definitive and final decision on your present
application. Your application will be retained, under current Government of Canada file retention
guidelines, for a period of two years. Your application forms and supporting documents will not be
returned to you. If you should submit a new application it would require new fees and documentation and
would need to meet all the requirements in effect at the time the application is submitted.
You must remove your Job Seeker profile from the Job Bank website as you are no longer an Express
Entry candidate. You must also remove any references that you are a candidate for Express Entry from
any private job board websites, if you used any.
If you still want to come to Canada as a skilled immigrant, you may take steps to improve your
competitiveness and register for Express Entry at a later date. For example, you may try to improve your
language score or gain a higher level of education. However, you must meet the minimum requirements
to enter the Express Entry pool and there is no guarantee that you will be issued another invitation to
apply for permanent residence under one of the immigration programs subject to Express Entry.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.
Yours sincerely,
KK03946
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada
Case Specific Enquiries | Demande de renseignements propre à un cas
Site : www.cic.gc.ca

But, I have submitted same documents as my friends, they also got similar document from my employer for Work Permit Extension and everyone for PR. Today I had a call with IRCC Agent and she was satisfied with the document and was also surprised why it refused, she added a message on my file and suggested me to raise a WEBFORM provided clarification on Offer Of employment and my current employment. I am planning to get a letter from my employer and raise a web form providing that document. Could you please help if this will or there is any other workaround.

jatin871

Aug 22, 2017
Hi All,
Today I got refusal email, AOR 5 Sep 2019. Could you please help me with the further plan of action. Below is the email I have received:

RAHUL RAMESH SONARE
I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a member of
the Canadian Experience Class and have determined that you do not meet the requirements for
immigration to Canada.
Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer
for a visa or for any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document may be issued if,
following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets
11.2 An officer may not issue a visa or other document in respect of an application for permanent residence
to a foreign national who was issued an invitation under Division 0.1 to make such an application if – at
the time the invitation was issued or at the time the officer received their application – the foreign national
did not meet the criteria set out in an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(e) or does not have the
qualifications on the basis of which they were ranked under an instruction given under paragraph
Section 11.2 of the Act requires that information provided in your Express Entry Profile concerning your
eligibility to be invited to apply (10.3(1)(e)) as well as the qualifications on the basis of which you were
ranked (10.3(1)(h)) be valid both at the time the invitation was issued and at the time the application for
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) invited you to apply for permanent resident status
based on the qualifications you claimed in your Express Entry profile. In your Express Entry profile you
declared arranged employment with TATA. After thorough review of all submitted documents, your
employer failed to demonstrate an offer of continuous permanent employment for at least one year after
permanent residence is granted, as defined under R82(1). Furthermore, you did not demonstrate that you
meet the arranged employment requirements as set out in section 29(2) (a) of the Ministerial Instructions.
This change in your qualifications resulted in a loss of 50 points (from 467 to 417) that brought your rank
below the points required for invitation to apply, under the Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking
System.
This change in your qualifications resulted in a loss of points that brought your rank below the lowest
ranking person who was invited to apply in your round of invitation, under the Express Entry

As I have found that you no longer possess the qualification on the basis of which you were ranked under
an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(h), you no longer meet the requirements of Section 11.2 of
Act.
Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the
Act and Regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.
You will receive a refund of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee that you have paid.
The decision communicated in this letter constitutes the definitive and final decision on your present
application. Your application will be retained, under current Government of Canada file retention
guidelines, for a period of two years. Your application forms and supporting documents will not be
returned to you. If you should submit a new application it would require new fees and documentation and
would need to meet all the requirements in effect at the time the application is submitted.
You must remove your Job Seeker profile from the Job Bank website as you are no longer an Express
Entry candidate. You must also remove any references that you are a candidate for Express Entry from
If you still want to come to Canada as a skilled immigrant, you may take steps to improve your
competitiveness and register for Express Entry at a later date. For example, you may try to improve your
language score or gain a higher level of education. However, you must meet the minimum requirements
to enter the Express Entry pool and there is no guarantee that you will be issued another invitation to
apply for permanent residence under one of the immigration programs subject to Express Entry.
Yours sincerely,
KK03946
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada

But, I have submitted same documents as my friends, they also got similar document from my employer for Work Permit Extension and everyone for PR. Today I had a call with IRCC Agent and she was satisfied with the document and was also surprised why it refused, she added a message on my file and suggested me to raise a WEBFORM provided clarification on Offer Of employment and my current employment. I am planning to get a letter from my employer and raise a web form providing that document. Could you please help if this will or there is any other workaround.
When is work permit expiring .

Did you fill work permit extension application . This needs to be filled by employer. They issue you LMIA exempt number which is basically your job offer number . This can prove you have job offer .employer need to fill job offer in employer portal of CIC

Rahul2602

Oct 20, 2019
When is work permit expiring .

Did you fill work permit extension application . This needs to be filled by employer. They issue you LMIA exempt number which is basically your job offer number . This can prove you have job offer .employer need to fill job offer in employer portal of CIC
Hi..
My WP is expiring on Jan 2021... and yes i do have WP extension with job offer number.

harryguns

Sep 27, 2019
Hi All,

RAHUL RAMESH SONARE
immigration to Canada.
System.

Act.
Yours sincerely,
KK03946

@Rahul2602 I am also from TATA and in the same case. Can we please connect ?