+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pr questions

stephen92

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
So I have just transitioned into a new role/ new business as my orignal job/place was sold.

I am now their cafe manager on salary (51k a year) they have offered to help with my pr. I am 26, Australian and have had 2 - 2 year work visa and im in my last 8 months.

What are my options here. Is my role high enough being a salaried job?

any info super appreciated!

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
So I have just transitioned into a new role/ new business as my orignal job/place was sold.

I am now their cafe manager on salary (51k a year) they have offered to help with my pr. I am 26, Australian and have had 2 - 2 year work visa and im in my last 8 months.

What are my options here. Is my role high enough being a salaried job?

any info super appreciated!
How long have you worked in Canada? What province are you currently living in?

There are immigration streams like Canadian Experience Class which would require you to have 12 months work experience. Or you can apply for Provincial Nomination Program which is typically having the province you are in nominate you for PR. Once you are nominated, you can apply for PR processing. PNP stream do have a job offer category but since you have 8 months left on your work permit, you might need to extend it while your PNP is processing.

stephen92

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
How long have you worked in Canada? What province are you currently living in?

There are immigration streams like Canadian Experience Class which would require you to have 12 months work experience. Or you can apply for Provincial Nomination Program which is typically having the province you are in nominate you for PR. Once you are nominated, you can apply for PR processing. PNP stream do have a job offer category but since you have 8 months left on your work permit, you might need to extend it while your PNP is processing.
Ontario - I have worked on and off 3 to 8 months at a time as i had trouble getting into my field due to different countries requiring different educstions so i had to re apply. I fell into my cafe managing position this month.
How does the provincial nomination work exactly? Is Lmia still a thing??

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Ontario - I have worked on and off 3 to 8 months at a time as i had trouble getting into my field due to different countries requiring different educstions so i had to re apply. I fell into my cafe managing position this month.
How does the provincial nomination work exactly? Is Lmia still a thing??
You can Google search OINP which is the Ontario Immigration Nomination Program. The website should have list of requirements in order to get nominated