+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Question

fadelore

Feb 20, 2017
Hello. US citizen here. I have some questions about the PR application. I want to live and work in Canada next year.

Can I apply for PR application now or do I have to wait till next year when I'm ready to move?

On the application question about my Canadian address. I don't live in Canada yet. Do I leave it N/A for the answers?

I'm sorta confused of this whole thing.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
fadelore said:
Hello. US citizen here. I have some questions about the PR application. I want to live and work in Canada next year.

Can I apply for PR application now or do I have to wait till next year when I'm ready to move?

On the application question about my Canadian address. I don't live in Canada yet. Do I leave it N/A for the answers?

Exactly how are you intending to apply for PR status? I assume that you have been through the eligibility requirements here -> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
fadelore said:

It sounds like you may be looking at the PR card application. This is for people who are already permanent residents (which you aren't).

See the link provided in the post above. You need to start by researching Canada's immigration programs to see if you qualify and what it takes to apply. I would recommend you apply now if you plan to move next year. Processing takes a minimum of six months (after you are selected) - however often quite a bit longer. Note that before you can even apply, you'll need to take a language test and most likely have your education officially assessed. You have quite a bit of homework to do... Good luck.