+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Question

rams1980

Jan 11, 2009
Hello,

Myself and my husband landed in canada in Nov-08 and all the formalities have been completed except OHIP as we need the residence proof. I am staying in canada and my husband left to US for business before getting the PR card.

I got my PR card without any problems. Now we got a post regd his PR stating that there is mismatch in the photos given by him during the landing process and asked him to come to their office either on 20th OR any other day in next 180 days with photos.

As my husband is out of canada he cannot enter back without PR card. Can he apply the travel document from US and use the same to enter canada? OR can I go to their office to submit his photos?

Please let me know our options. We are in big dilema. Thank you for any help.

bailavida

Jan 9, 2009
If your husband left and is coming back by road/car, he won't need a PR card. I know a friend who had recently landed for residence and went to US a few days ago... she didn't get a problem coming back. You may call this number to be sure and ask an immigration official reg your situation: 1-888-242-2100. I also landed in Toronto and was asked to re-take my photo- something of their fault (note: they asked me to go to their office and re-take, NOT bring photos)... so again call the number I mentioned or the number they have on the note they sent you to be sure. Good luck