+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR query

Spot

Feb 22, 2010
hi,
I along with my family are very new to Alberta (just 1 month since our arrival). I am working here as a "Postdoctoral Research Fellow" in a University (i think- postdoc falls under University professor category in CIC occupational list). We got valid visa till the beginning of 2011 (Only 1-yr worker visa). I am having work experience (in research field, Electrical engineering) of 4yrs plus since the time of my PhD graduation. My wife is also having work permit as stated in her visa, but she has not started working at the moment (may be later).

My queries:
1) I have got valid IELTS (English test) score. If we would like to apply for PR application, what would be the best time to apply - can I apply immediately or wait few more months (if so, after how many months)?
2) Which one would be the better option for me: to apply through Federal Skill worker or Provincial nominee program (here AINP) or if there any other?? If AINP, am I eligible (as my job offer is just for a year)?
3) If I wanna start another job after the completion of this current job, would I be eligible to search another job ? How are the things associated with this?
4) Let's say if I apply for PR application in May 2010, and if i don't get my PR application APPROVAL before my visa expires (Jan 2011), do I have to leave Canada along with my Family? How are things linked with this matter if I wanna extend my stay?

Thanks in advance.