+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR processing for 2021

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
I have not started processing, I applied on August 5, 2021
On the average, most people’ processing started about 7 months after submission of their application. I reckon that yours would start this March since you applied in August 2021. Just be patient. It will soon start and since you’re single, it may take a short time to process.

gayrefugee

Dec 22, 2020
On the average, most people’ processing started about 7 months after submission of their application. I reckon that yours would start this March since you applied in August 2021. Just be patient. It will soon start and since you’re single, it may take a short time to process.
many thanks

mefepolat

Mar 18, 2022
Hello everyone,
I have received my CoPR on March 15, 2021 and sent my PR Card application via mail the very next day. Until today, I haven't received a single update about my file. I called Client Support Centre maybe 100 times, they said due to Afghan situation they cannot take a look at my PR card application but even my CoPR is expired. I have no documents to prove my status in Canada. I sent a message to IRCC's twitter account but no response. I wrote to Justin Trudeau's office but no response, I wrote to IRCC Minister, no response. I have no idea what I can do anymore. I'm really exhausted, I have friends living in Montreal applied to PR card January 2022 and got their PR card in 15 days. I don't know anyone else waiting for more than a year just like me. Please tell me if you have any advice.

Thank you

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello everyone,
I have received my CoPR on March 15, 2021 and sent my PR Card application via mail the very next day. Until today, I haven't received a single update about my file. I called Client Support Centre maybe 100 times, they said due to Afghan situation they cannot take a look at my PR card application but even my CoPR is expired. I have no documents to prove my status in Canada. I sent a message to IRCC's twitter account but no response. I wrote to Justin Trudeau's office but no response, I wrote to IRCC Minister, no response. I have no idea what I can do anymore. I'm really exhausted, I have friends living in Montreal applied to PR card January 2022 and got their PR card in 15 days. I don't know anyone else waiting for more than a year just like me. Please tell me if you have any advice.

Thank you
I am confused when you say "You dont have any status" after COPR expired. Are you outside of Canada?

mefepolat

Mar 18, 2022
I am confused when you say "You dont have any status" after COPR expired. Are you outside of Canada?
read my message carefully please, I didn't say I don't have any status, I said I have no documents to prove my status. I am currently in Canada, when I apply for a job they ask for my status and when I show them my CoPR they don't accept because of the expiration date on it. I can keep my current job but can't change jobs.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
read my message carefully please, I didn't say I don't have any status, I said I have no documents to prove my status. I am currently in Canada, when I apply for a job they ask for my status and when I show them my CoPR they don't accept because of the expiration date on it. I can keep my current job but can't change jobs.
My Apology for not reading carefully....

Jakiewuyi

Star Member
Jan 20, 2022
Hello everyone,

Thank you
Are you inside or outside Canada? What is the expiration date written on your COPR?
When next you get through to IRCC customer agent, ask to be transferred to the department in charge of PR card production. The department is in the best position to give the status of your PR card.

mefepolat

Mar 18, 2022
Are you inside or outside Canada? What is the expiration date written on your COPR? Your status as a permanent resident was confirmed when your COPR was issued so you cannot be out of status because you have not received your PR card.
When next you get through to IRCC customer agent, ask to be transferred to the department in charge of PR card production. The department is in the best position to give the status of your PR card.
Hello,

thank you for your message but as I said above, please read carefully. I never said I don't have any status. I said I HAVE NO DOCUMENTS TO PROVE MY STATUS IN CANADA. I am IN Canada. I want to change jobs but I cannot, I want to get a loan for bootcamp but I cannot, because companies are seeing risk when they see my CoPR is expired and I have no card for more than a year, I look like a complete fraud. Expiration date on my CoPR is March 15, 2022. So it was 3 days ago. I am really tired of chasing a plastic card. I really think this is happening due to the systemic racism since my first name is Muhammad.

radvin2020

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on May 25, 2021.
  2. We started processing your application on December 8, 2021.

Latest update:
Review of medical results - March 18, 2022:You passed the medical exam.

Review of eligibility
Review of medical results
  • March 18, 2022 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents
  • The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
Hello,

thank you for your message but as I said above, please read carefully. I never said I don't have any status. I said I HAVE NO DOCUMENTS TO PROVE MY STATUS IN CANADA. I am IN Canada. I want to change jobs but I cannot, I want to get a loan for bootcamp but I cannot, because companies are seeing risk when they see my CoPR is expired and I have no card for more than a year, I look like a complete fraud. Expiration date on my CoPR is March 15, 2022. So it was 3 days ago. I am really tired of chasing a plastic card. I really think this is happening due to the systemic racism since my first name is Muhammad.
So sorry about your situation. However, don’t mix sentiment with this issue and start inciting the forum about systemic racism. That’s going too far and misplaced. They saw this your name and allowed you into Canada, gave you CoPR and gave you a job. Something or someone probably did not do his job that put you in this situation. I suggest you write to IRCC and pour out your frustration.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello,

you’r playing “racism” card simply because of your name? So they approved your copr but suddenly became racist on your pr card printing? They even approved your initial application and let you admitted to Canada. I could sense something is wrong with your tone. Then this forum wont help you with anything! Switching to racist game makes you inferior and sensitive! Adios

radvin2020

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on May 25, 2021.
  2. We started processing your application on December 8, 2021.

Latest update:
Review of medical results - March 18, 2022:You passed the medical exam.

Review of eligibility
Review of medical results
  • March 18, 2022 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents
  • The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
I also received the pre-arrival letter today.

Reactions: Star_hoor