+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR processing for 2021

Sheekritee

Star Member
Oct 6, 2019
Hi all, Sent for a renewal PR card and CP tracking states July 25th it reached the office. Looking at everyone's posts, looks like May/June applicants are getting processed now and maybe Nov is when I will get any information. Anyone able to look up their apps in the database that applied in July?
Which years May/June are getting processed? I'm late April 2021 applicant and still waiting. Just received my temporary application number in May

Sheekritee

Star Member
Oct 6, 2019
Would like to share some information and thoughts here:

1. My timeline:
- Application received and temporary Application number (XG#) assigned on 5/27/2021.
- No status update on the CIC website yet.

2. Others' timelines from this post
- Page 735 -> One person applied in Dec 2020 and landed virtually in Sep 2021. (Total of 9 months)
- Page 736 -> Another person applied in July 2020, the processing started in June 2021, and they landed in Sep 2021. (Total of 14 months)

3. Official timeline from the CIC website
- 22 months for protected person in Canada

I suspect the 22 months is a tail scenario that covers maybe 90% of the cases. For most of people, the processing time is faster if their applications are relatively straightforward.

I'm curious to know anyone who are in the similar timeline with me and have received any updates other than the XG#.
Thanks.
My application received and temporary application number assigned on 21 May, 2021. Nothing after that

Reactions: Babaac

cyberlink

Aug 10, 2020
Would like to share some information and thoughts here:

1. My timeline:
- Application received and temporary Application number (XG#) assigned on 5/27/2021.
- No status update on the CIC website yet.

2. Others' timelines from this post
- Page 735 -> One person applied in Dec 2020 and landed virtually in Sep 2021. (Total of 9 months)
- Page 736 -> Another person applied in July 2020, the processing started in June 2021, and they landed in Sep 2021. (Total of 14 months)

3. Official timeline from the CIC website
- 22 months for protected person in Canada

I suspect the 22 months is a tail scenario that covers maybe 90% of the cases. For most of people, the processing time is faster if their applications are relatively straightforward.

I'm curious to know anyone who are in the similar timeline with me and have received any updates other than the XG#.
Thanks.
Applied on late march 2021 and get XG# on april and no updates after that, by the way according to cic website , 22 month is an average of processing times for previous applicants, so it could be 12 month or 30 month for indivuduals.
Read this:
This processing time tells you how long it took us to process most complete applications in the past 12 months.

gayrefugee

Dec 22, 2020
想在这里分享一些信息和想法:

1.我的时间线:
- 2021 年 5 月 27 日收到的申请和分配的临时申请编号 (XG#)。
- CIC 网站上还没有状态更新。

2. 来自这篇文章的其他人的时间线
- 第 735 页 -> 2020 年 12 月 1 人申请,2021 年 9 月虚拟落地。(共 9 个月)
- 第736页 -> 另一个人2020年7月申请,2021年6月开始处理,2021年9月落地。(共14个月)

3. 来自CIC网站的官方时间表
- 加拿大受保护人 22 个月

我怀疑 22 个月是一个尾部情景,可能涵盖了 90% 的情况。对于大多数人来说,如果他们的申请相对简单,处理时间会更快。

我很想知道与我处于相似时间线中并且收到除 XG# 之外的任何更新的任何人。
谢谢。
[/引用]
我们的申请对移民局真的不重要,我们已经等了最长的时间了!不知道为什么?我是在今年8月申请的那个月收到临时申请号的。看了大家在论坛上分享的内容,大概四个月就开始处理了?八个月后处理!现在大约需要一年时间才能看到进展

gayrefugee

Dec 22, 2020
Our application is really not important to the Immigration Department, we have been waiting for the longest time! do not know why? I received the provisional application number in the month I applied for in August this year. After reading what everyone shared on the forum, the processing started in about four months? It will be processed after eight months! It will take about a year now to see the progress

Alikhan115674

Apr 13, 2020
People are waiting since 2018
Our application is really not important to the Immigration Department, we have been waiting for the longest time! do not know why? I received the provisional application number in the month I applied for in August this year. After reading what everyone shared on the forum, the processing started in about four months? It will be processed after eight months! It will take about a year now to see the progress

Reactions: gayrefugee

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021

Probably because their case is difficult and not straight forward. At the moment, their processing time stands at 22 months. Some applications, like we have seen here, are processed within 18 months and sometimes less. Some are completed in 30 months or even more. Therefore, processing time depends on the case and the response from the applicant.

Smartzz

May 16, 2021
Probably because their case is difficult and not straight forward. At the moment, their processing time stands at 22 months. Some applications, like we have seen here, are processed within 18 months and sometimes less. Some are completed in 30 months or even more. Therefore, processing time depends on the case and the response from the applicant.
Refugee cases are the longest to process, they need to improve on processing these cases faster. After waiting so long for hearings at IRB, it is unfair that protected persons have to wait another 2 years to become PR.

LandofLivingSkies

Star Member
Sep 11, 2021
Refugee cases are the longest to process, they need to improve on processing these cases faster. After waiting so long for hearings at IRB, it is unfair that protected persons have to wait another 2 years to become PR.
100% agree, Wish those policymakers know the story of those suffering persons, that 3-4 years, sometimes 5 years before you reunited with your family, absolutely brutal and long. Hope they can do the process faster, after all, it's 21 century.

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
100% agree, Wish those policymakers know the story of those suffering persons, that 3-4 years, sometimes 5 years before you reunited with your family, absolutely brutal and long. Hope they can do the process faster, after all, it's 21 century.
Nice sentiment. We are in this together. Let’s keep our fingers crossed and hope it gets better.

gayrefugee

Dec 22, 2020
In fact, the procedure for our permanent residency application is not complicated. There are many things that do not require medical examinations, and do not require more cumbersome forms. We have already investigated things such as background checks and security at the beginning of the application! The program is not complicated and there are few forms! In fact, our application should be approved soon!