+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR processing for 2021

Frel

Jun 2, 2021
Is it something I can do on my own, or do I need a lawyer, I did my work permit myself..thanks

LandofLivingSkies

Star Member
Sep 11, 2021
Is it something I can do on my own, or do I need a lawyer, I did my work permit myself..thanks
Yes, absolutely you can do it by yourself, even some of the non-profitable organizations also help to apply for PR application, but my friend was a little bit afraid, that's why took lawyer's help.

cyberlink

Aug 10, 2020
Hello,

One of my friends submitted a PR application through a lawyer in February this year, he was trying to link the application to CIC account, but he was unsuccessful, is it normal that it’s almost 8 months, but still couldn’t find the application to link, or it will not come upon search since he applied through a lawyer. Would appreciate it if someone have a similar experience or give some spotlight on this issue. Thank you.
Its not about lawyer, i did it in same time on paper and yet i can't link my account, i mean you using UCI and your information to link ,it doesn't matter if you send the application or your lawyer. Seems we have to wait more. :(

LandofLivingSkies

Star Member
Sep 11, 2021
Its not about lawyer, i did it in same time on paper and yet i can't link my account, i mean you using UCI and your information to link ,it doesn't matter if you send the application or your lawyer. Seems we have to wait more. :(
Thank you for clarifying this information.

gayrefugee

Dec 22, 2020
It takes about four months from the provisional application number to the official application number. Do you agree with this view?

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
It takes about four months from the provisional application number to the official application number. Do you agree with this view?
Not necessarily. I received my temporary application number in April and have not gotten the permanent application number up until now.

Sophia2021

Oct 7, 2021
Hi all, Sent for a renewal PR card and CP tracking states July 25th it reached the office. Looking at everyone's posts, looks like May/June applicants are getting processed now and maybe Nov is when I will get any information. Anyone able to look up their apps in the database that applied in July?

chelavnzuo

Star Member
Jan 2, 2014
Would like to share some information and thoughts here:

1. My timeline:
- Application received and temporary Application number (XG#) assigned on 5/27/2021.
- No status update on the CIC website yet.

2. Others' timelines from this post
- Page 735 -> One person applied in Dec 2020 and landed virtually in Sep 2021. (Total of 9 months)
- Page 736 -> Another person applied in July 2020, the processing started in June 2021, and they landed in Sep 2021. (Total of 14 months)

3. Official timeline from the CIC website
- 22 months for protected person in Canada

I suspect the 22 months is a tail scenario that covers maybe 90% of the cases. For most of people, the processing time is faster if their applications are relatively straightforward.

I'm curious to know anyone who are in the similar timeline with me and have received any updates other than the XG#.
Thanks.