+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR process

bhumikajhamb

Aug 31, 2019
Hello! I am looking for some guidance on the process after stamping of passports for PR during these uncertain times. We learned last week that our passports have been stamped but have not been sent back yet. Any idea how much time does it take? Also given the situation at present, what is the next step we should expect? Tried calling up the IRCC but the call centre seems to be shut down now.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
To be honest when you get your passports back you should really sit tight in your home country until the COVID challenge hopefully stabilises . It is not a good time for a new immigrant to try moving to Canada given businesses , transport are in shutdown mode , people are being advised to stay at home , health services are being streched , virtually most things that a new immigrant needs will not be available.

If you google IRCC COVID or Canada COVID you will find all the advice you need about IRCC/Canadas response to COVID

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Wait for the VFS e-mail which says your passport is ready for collection.

There is no way to know how long it will take because this situation is unprecedented.

In any case, you will not qualify for the exemption to the current travel ban in Canada which lasts until 30 June, because your COPR was issued after 16 March.

However, I'm sure they will give you more time to land. Once you receive your passport, figure out your timeline to land based on its expiry date.

bhumikajhamb

Aug 31, 2019
Thanks very much for your reply. We are already in Canada, forgot to mention that. We have been here for more than an year now. I wanted to understand the process post stamping of passports in the ongoing situation.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Oh okay, lol.

Then they will call you for an your landing interview, but they haven't said when they will restart them yet.