+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Process through Nairobi

Srikrishna

Jun 23, 2009
I am Indian Passport holder working in Tanzania for past 6 years, i have submitted my PR application to Canadian High commission at Nairobi in Nov 2006,

I received the receipt of fees and file number in Feb 2007, i frequently check the status of my application at www.cic.gc.ca, but no information

4 months ago i got a letter from them asking if i am still interested so that they can process if not they will refund the fee paid. I have replied them showing my interest, its been 31 months in total now, have they started processing my application? do anyone guide me how long it will take?, should i wait or should i contact the high commission to check my status? i am very much confused. Please someone assist me.

Thanks,
Srikrishna

rascojenkins

Jul 25, 2008
As you will realise from other post or other Visa offices you have to be very patient when you deal with Canadian immigration. Give them a few months and you'll hear from them regarding the next steps.The good thing is you've indicated your intrest to continue so be cool and you'll be fine.
Good Luck

Njoro

Feb 28, 2011
Re: PR Process through Nairobi - applicant 2007-2008

Hi Shrikrishna,
I also applied same, but no response from CIC. Just waiting for answer.

Njoro