+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR process for Nepal/Nepalese Citizen

Alisha Gautam

Jul 17, 2018
Hi,

I just wanted to know two things:

1. How long is the PR process taking in general for Nepalese? (After the ITA has been received and the documents have been submitted)? I understand this depends on case to case but just wanted to understand the general timeline.

2. Is it possible to apply for both student visa and PR simultaneously or will there be issues regarding dual intent?

Best Regards,
Alisha

Vvek

Star Member
Jul 16, 2018
Hi,

I just wanted to know two things:

1. How long is the PR process taking in general for Nepalese? (After the ITA has been received and the documents have been submitted)? I understand this depends on case to case but just wanted to understand the general timeline.

2. Is it possible to apply for both student visa and PR simultaneously or will there be issues regarding dual intent?

Best Regards,
Alisha
I am from Nepal.
1. Time doesn't depend on nationality. Standard time after ITA is 6 months. However, depends upon the documents you have submitted. If they believe some glitch in your documents, it might take much longer. Did you received ITA???
2.No , there are plenty of cases refused as a result of dual application, for EE & SV even though ITA was not received. But in case you have received ITA, there is no point on going for study visa. Complete your processing and your are in canada in 6 months or so as a permanent resident.

What is your status of PR processing??

Alisha Gautam

Jul 17, 2018
Thank you for your response.

I have received the ITA, submitted the docs and have passed the medical tests for now. The thing is, I am short of time and might not have 6 months before college starts - therefore, I was wondering if I should also apply for student visa simulataneously. Is the PR case affected in any way, in case the student visa does get rejected due to dual intent?

Sabeen99

Jun 14, 2018
Thank you for your response.

I have received the ITA, submitted the docs and have passed the medical tests for now. The thing is, I am short of time and might not have 6 months before college starts - therefore, I was wondering if I should also apply for student visa simulataneously. Is the PR case affected in any way, in case the student visa does get rejected due to dual intent?
Can you kindly share your EE profile and timeline.

dudbc

May 5, 2019
hi,
i have applied through express entry. if i get the PR, how is it possible to take the required POF amount from Nepal. i am confused. i would appreciate any suggestions .

canrazep

Jan 12, 2021
Hi,
I recently got my ITA and have been preparing my documents for eAPR in Nepal. However, I am currently stuck at POF documents. I received a lump sum amount from my Uncle for which I wanted to make a gift deed. The problem for me is notarizing it. I asked a couple of lawyers for advice and they told me to replace the word gift with donation. Could anyone please tell me what I can do in this case?

Vvek

Star Member
Jul 16, 2018
Hi,
I recently got my ITA and have been preparing my documents for eAPR in Nepal. However, I am currently stuck at POF documents. I received a lump sum amount from my Uncle for which I wanted to make a gift deed. The problem for me is notarizing it. I asked a couple of lawyers for advice and they told me to replace the word gift with donation. Could anyone please tell me what I can do in this case?
Well.. Family members don't give Donations, they give gifts. I don't know where you are located but for me in Pokhara, it worked flawlessly. I created a gift deed, printed it in a Nepali Paper, took it to the Notary Public's Office, asked them to: 1. Affix the stamp related to verification of legal document (section so & so of Notary public Act) & 2. Affix the stamp of Notary Public & 3. Put his sign on the deed. He agreed without even asking a single question but I had to pay NPR. 1500 for the above process. That's it.

So if you are in Pokhara, you can visit the same Notary Public and if you are in another location, you might have to search for more lenient Notary public's Office.

manishph

Dec 24, 2020
Can you tell us more about the stamp to be pasted for verification of legal document ?

What is the value of the stamp to be used? My lawyer doesn't seem to have an idea about the value of the stamp to be used on the gift deed.

Rakesh Cresta

Jun 6, 2023
hello
I am from Kathmandu Nepal
I want to apply for Canada PR or working Visa. i am currently working as Accountant in Global Education Coucelling Centre Pvt Ltd, dillibazar, Kathmandu.
Please can u provide me information and require documents to apply for Canada for PR or working or express.

Sincerely Yours
Rakesh Shrestha
Maru Tole-19
Kathmandu, Nepal
Contact no 9849390108
E- mail Id : rakesh_shr@outlook.com

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
hello
I am from Kathmandu Nepal
I want to apply for Canada PR or working Visa. i am currently working as Accountant in Global Education Coucelling Centre Pvt Ltd, dillibazar, Kathmandu.
Please can u provide me information and require documents to apply for Canada for PR or working or express.

Sincerely Yours
Rakesh Shrestha
Maru Tole-19
Kathmandu, Nepal
Contact no 9849390108
E- mail Id : rakesh_shr@outlook.com
To apply for PR, you apply through Express Entry or a PNP program, if elgible.

For a work permit, apply for jobs on Canadian job sites like Indeed. You need a job offer and your employer needs to file for and pay $1k for a LMIA. The LMIA shows that no Canadian or PR could be hired, only you. Then with LMIA, you apply for a closed work permit. For the permit, you show that you are experienced to do the job. Depending on the job requirements, you may need IELTS for language and ECA for education. If accountant, show designation.