+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Portal Photos rejected due to Brightness

User1id2

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
Hello
I got my ecopr on December 10th,2021
WHEN i uploaded my photo, the portal populated a notification saying the photo may be refused and I clicked I understand that it may be refused (I assumed they will use it because there is absolutely no issues with the photo itself).
On December 31st I received an email notification abiut my portal. I logged in their to see they rejected my photo because it doesn t meet their specifications being too dark.
I used a website to increase the pixels and the brightness of the photo and re-uploaded it. This time I did not get a notification asking me to click I understand it may be refused bla bla.....
Can I be certain they will use it this time?!!!

As soon as I upload the photo it doesn't look the same anymore. It looks grey or kindof black and white. So I don't understand their system is literally turning my photo into black and white.
Can anyone confirm that when they uploaded their photo amd clicked submit: did the photo show as blck and white when previewing the submitted case?????
Thanks

ritpr

Nov 28, 2021
Hello
WHEN i uploaded my photo, the portal populated a notification saying the photo may be refused and I clicked I understand that it may be refused (I assumed they will use it because there is absolutely no issues with the photo itself).
On December 31st I received an email notification abiut my portal. I logged in their to see they rejected my photo because it doesn t meet their specifications being too dark.
I used a website to increase the pixels and the brightness of the photo and re-uploaded it. This time I did not get a notification asking me to click I understand it may be refused bla bla.....

As soon as I upload the photo it doesn't look the same anymore. It looks grey or kindof black and white. So I don't understand their system is literally turning my photo into black and white.
Can anyone confirm that when they uploaded their photo amd clicked submit: did the photo show as blck and white when previewing the submitted case?????
Thanks

Yes, pics are being saved in b&w in the portal.

Miriam2493

Sep 17, 2016
Hello

Thanks
Hi! Have you received your pr card yet? And if yes, how long did it take to receive. Ty

Ehh

Star Member
Jan 12, 2023
Hello

Thanks
Did you get your card? we also ignored the warning, just uploaded today.

Ehh

Star Member
Jan 12, 2023
Thought I would share my timeline and experience.
Photo and address submitted Feb 7
Photo did not meet requirements, warning came up that the brightness was too light or too dark, but we submitted anyway
Address approved and ECOPR generated Feb 16
Card status updated to Approved in GCKEY March 18
Status shows card gas been mailed
Photo still shows under review in portal
ETOBICOKE VO

Pdm_ca

Nov 26, 2022
I also uploaded my photo today. It was clicked by an official photographer.
I also had to ignore the brightness warning - as it just wouldn't accept any edits also!
I hope it gets approved.

Ehh

Star Member
Jan 12, 2023
How long it took for photo approval?
Approximately 40 days from the date submitted is when it showed the card was mailed. Note that the photo still showed as under review even after we got the card in the mail. I would suggest checking the GCKEY status and not just the PR portal. It seems it's not updated real-time, but GCKEY is

parthvzala

Aug 27, 2022
Approximately 40 days from the date submitted is when it showed the card was mailed. Note that the photo still showed as under review even after we got the card in the mail. I would suggest checking the GCKEY status and not just the PR portal. It seems it's not updated real-time, but GCKEY is
good to know. Thank you for the update.