+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Photo Rejected

Naimr519

Dec 18, 2018
hey guys,
I'm US citizen. My wife is Canadian citizen. I applied for PR. So far things were going well until now.
My PR application is approved. When I went to Canada with the approved notice, the officer stamped my passport with a PR visa.
However I still didn't get my PR card.
I am still working and residing in the US.
CIC sent an email asking to resubmit my photos for some reason back in Sept 27.
So I mail them another set of photos according to their specifications.
I don't hear back anything.
I am going to Canada in 3 days.
My wife from Canada calls CIC today and they say that my photos are rejected (again...) and the person on the phone doesn't have a clue why.
>> So what do I do here?
>> Can I still enter Canada without any issues?

Please help. thanks so much!!

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Since you are a US Citizen, you can travel to Canada without any problem. Keep the confirmation of PR document with you. Get the photos taken in Canada and submit again. It is much less likely to be rejected.

Reactions: northern sunshine

Naimr519

Dec 18, 2018
Since you are a US Citizen, you can travel to Canada without any problem. Keep the confirmation of PR document with you. Get the photos taken in Canada and submit again. It is much less likely to be rejected.
Thanks. Yeah I think with a US passport I should be fine since I'm only visiting for few days.

xoly221

Jan 16, 2018
hey guys,
I'm US citizen. My wife is Canadian citizen. I applied for PR. So far things were going well until now.
My PR application is approved. When I went to Canada with the approved notice, the officer stamped my passport with a PR visa.
However I still didn't get my PR card.
I am still working and residing in the US.
CIC sent an email asking to resubmit my photos for some reason back in Sept 27.
So I mail them another set of photos according to their specifications.
I don't hear back anything.
I am going to Canada in 3 days.
My wife from Canada calls CIC today and they say that my photos are rejected (again...) and the person on the phone doesn't have a clue why.
>> So what do I do here?
>> Can I still enter Canada without any issues?

Please help. thanks so much!!
Hi I just wanted to check something with you . When you said "the officer stamped my passport with a PR visa" , what exactly is the stamp you are talking about?

Thanks

Naimr519

Dec 18, 2018
Hi I just wanted to check something with you . When you said "the officer stamped my passport with a PR visa" , what exactly is the stamp you are talking about?

Thanks
They stamped my passport and it has some numbers that's different from the application number from my PR... If that makes sense.

Anyway so good news is that I'm in Canada. I used my Nexus card to go through customs and nobody said anything.

xoly221

Jan 16, 2018
Ok was just wondering what a "PR stamp" is supposed to be . I just see a "canada border services agency" stamp with the landing date. No mention of PR or anything. Is yours the same?

rajni_negi85

Mar 27, 2018
Delhi
Visa Office......
Ndvo
App. Filed.......
09-11-2017
Doc's Request.
09-04-2018
Med's Request
09-04-2018
Med's Done....
10-04-2018
hello, I came to Canada on 14th March 19 -spouse visa. I got an e-mail from CIC on 31st March 19 to submit the new photographs for PR card as my photographs are not matching with the required criteria.

I saw their e-mail today only, 16-03-19. In their mail they have mentioned to submit the photograph within 30 days otherwise your PR card will be cancelled. I have no idea how I missed CIC's mail. Can someone please advise me. what to do?